Prime Vitali Klitschko v Tyson 86 to 88 version

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by williams7383, Apr 10, 2019.

1. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008

Negative

First of all, what is VK’s best win ?

Second, he stepped up twice and got beat twice.Fact.

He could not put a hurting on featherfist cream puff Byrd but is going to do a number on Tyson......log off. Prime Tyson would have walked thru Byrd and the old Lewis VK faced like a hot knife thru butter, two highlight reel KO’s.

Back to the fight, VK does not clinch or does not know how too, has zero inside game or uppercut, is a one two arm puncher throwing from the waist while leaning back from return fire.......that worked with all the washed up slow no hopers he faced but proved to be fatal against old Lemmie and it would fail miserable against Tyson ‘s speed, the left hook would hit its mark and the bodywork alone would stick VK’s feet into the mud and then its fight time......VK simple does not have the footwork, finesse,defense, survival Ring IQ of Tucker/Smith or any infighting abilities to turn the tide, it would turn into a brawl similar to the Lewis bout and VK gets stopped.......he got a beating from Grandpa Lewis, he would get a absolute hiding from Prime Tyson.

I have met VK a coople of weeks before the Lewis fight, he is very tall but Also very skinny, not a intimidating physical presence at all and I bet that Tyson is significantly stronger than VK.

rinsj and CarlChilders like this.
  2. CarlChilders

CarlChilders Member banned Full Member

Mar 1, 2019

But but Vitali did well against a old fat Lennox Lewis in a fight he still lost in. That means Vitali is great (Says his fanboys). As you said Vitali couldn't hurt light punching small Chris Byrd. Fat old Shannon Briggs stood in front of Vitali and got teed off on and never went down. Yet Lewis put the younger in shape Briggs down 2 or 3 times. Wait I know who Vitali beat. He beat a old fat Larry Donald and he beat ummmm.....Herbie Hide.

But yeah I agree with you. Tyson would crush Vitali. There would be nothing Vitali could do to keep Tyson off him. As you stated VK doesn't have the inside game. He isn't physically imposing just tall. He didn't have the foot work to out box Tyson and he didn't have much heart. He quit because her hurt his little arm in a fight he was ahead on the score cards. Could you imagine Frazier, Foreman, Ali quiting because they hurt their arms?

rinsj likes this.
  3. Conway

Conway New Member banned Full Member

Apr 15, 2019
    Look at the facts:

Vitali has probably the greatest heavyweight chin of all time.

Vitali never legitimately lost a fight, he was ahead on the cards of every fight he had.

Vitali has 'beat' Lennox, who destroyed Tyson.

Vitali has a huge size advantage

Tyson had a poor chin

Tyson lost many times, including everytime he stepped up, and in his prime against a total bum in Buster Douglas

Answer = there's only one winner- Vitali. He was the more consistent, more dominant, and more beastly HW. H2H Vitali is arguably the greatest ever.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    BundiniBlack likes this.
  4. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Interesting take indeed. So you think Vitali was the Imaginary GOAT in imaginary hypothetical head to heads that never happened? This is quite possible after all it’s all about....
    This content is protected

5. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Lol!

rinsj likes this.
  6. Sting like a bean

Sting like a bean Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    I think peak Tyson has a good chance of getting an early knockout, frankly. Corrie Sanders came within a couple hairs of repeating his early KO of Vitali's brother, and though extrapolations of this type (A did Y to B, so X would do it even worse) are dicey, one thing that can be stated with warranted certitude is that 90's journeyman Sanders is damn sure no Mike Tyson.

Sangria likes this.
  7. Sting like a bean

Apr 9, 2017
    This is the most obtuse post I've seen in several weeks.

ironchamp, Sangria and Jackomano like this.
  8. ideafix12

ideafix12 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2010
  9. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. Vitali was too one dimensional and would get cut down by Tyson. Prime Wlad has a better chance, since I could see Wlad using all of his leaning, clinching, and holding nonesense to frustrate Tyson.

Sangria likes this.
  10. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    The best version of Tyson is to fast and strong for Vitali. If old fat LL could start catching him after a few rounds I believe Tyson would injure him enough to quit on his stool. Just my opinion.

rinsj and Sangria like this.
  11. Sting like a bean

Apr 9, 2017
    Saying Vitaly "would" get cut down - as a matter of course - is maybe overstating it a bit, but it's strong possibility.

12. Saad54

Saad54 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Tyson by UD.
    Vitali, unlike his bro., has the chin to last like Bonecrusher and Tucker.

13. Saad54

Saad54 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Troll post of the year.

ironchamp likes this.
  14. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
  15. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005

I'll have a pound of whatever you are on because my lord it must be GOOD!