Will Fury-Wilder Rematch Happen?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by smithshaun, Jan 19, 2020.

1. smithshaun

smithshaun Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Don't know why but I just have a feeling that the fury wilder rematch won't happen, just seems like such a strange build up for what is one of the biggest heavyweight fights for years. Just feels a bit wrong like someone knows something behind the scenes.

Please tell me I'm being paranoid!!

Cecil likes this.
  2. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    It does feel weird. I said it would not take place in Feb as Wilder would be well out of camp routine. I will hold my hands up if it goes ahead and fair play to both.

3. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    I thought this when the first fight was announced but then it happened...

4. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    It's what most people were saying about the first fight as well....

5. micker1

micker1 Member Full Member

May 31, 2010
    I'm not expecting anyone to pull out of this fight. Neither of them are known for pulling out of fights. Fury has in the past but there was massive problems back then. I would put my house on this fight happening.

The promotion just hasn't got going yet. Fight week everyone will be buzzing for it. I can't wait.

6. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Less than five weeks to the fight happening. The promotion has been absolutely pathetic to be fair.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  7. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    The fight is in 5 weeks time not less than 4 weeks. It's scheduled for February 22nd. The promotion has been pretty big stateside, both have done media and television appearances as well as a globally attended press conference. Both are scheduled to appear at super bowel. I think the fact that Fury is a star now in America that you do not hear much promotion in the UK, the fight is at 5am so it's only the hardcore fans and Fury loyal's who will be watching. Both fighters have requested privacy for the training camp but I expect things to heat up significantly during fight week.

micker1 likes this.
  8. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I didn’t think it would happen (on this date) before it got announced.
    Now it’s been announced I think you’re a fool to doubt it. Wilder and Fury are both evidentially in camp and promoting it. My flights and hotel are booked. I’ll be there.

9. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    The fight will happen unless a serious injury happens in the next 2-3 weeks in sparring. Neither should be doing hard sparring once they are only 2 weeks away from the fight.

The concern I had was for that cut Fury got against Wallin. Can it really fully heal in such a short space of time? He could have done with more time

10. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    There's not going to be wall to wall promotion over here in the UK. Fight is in the states.

Saying that, despite Fury's delusion, he is not a big deal stateside nor is Wilder and despite what they both keep saying, AJ is still the draw and the money man in the division.

TonyHayers likes this.
  11. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I'm sure it'll happen but as ever, the American promotion has been lazy.

BT did some great stuff last time out. Now that they're officially in and need big numbers, I expect some good stuff from them in the next few weeks.

Holler likes this.
  12. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Fair play mate. Enjoy the trip.

Scissors and Twentyman like this.
  13. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Nice, wish I could afford to go..can I ask how much it all cost mate, flights fight tickets and accommodation?

14. Boxing First

Boxing First youtube.com/channel/UCM4RAP57DFWBjQQn2E-MDVw Full Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Didn’t Wilder stipulate that there would only be X amount of pressers. Maybe that’s why it’s a bit quiet also with it being UFC fight week last week they maybe didn’t want to do any publicity to compete with that.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  15. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Shane Fury made mention of no cameras or media being allowed in camp this time and how Tyson’s last two fights were a circus.... this might explain the lack of promotion. Although ironically, this was said during an IFLTV interview from Fury’s Las Vegas camp