Procházka vs Pereira was corrupted and fixed

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Djokovic.GOAT, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Djokovic.GOAT

Djokovic.GOAT Member banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2023
    Incredible premature stopage. Prochazka was almost KOD against Reyes and Glover. But IT was not stopped. Now with Pereira yes ..... Championship title match .... Procházka deserved more chances, he was ahead.

I know what happened, it is fixed match. Uncle Dana didn't like Reyes and Glover was too old not marketable.... So no stop. But with Pereira KO, because Pereira will be much easier for Hill than Procházka. Dirty UFC. Tfuj.

2. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    Was odd considering how they let the Glover fight go when both looked like they were finished at times. At least let us see if he could cover up or stop Alex from doing anything when he was on his back.

3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    People are citing Jiri being a gentleman in defeat and admitting he was out but he wasn't. He was back on his knees immediately and then up on his feet shortly afterwards

Was he hurt? Sure

Might have Pereira finished him without any controversy a few seconds later? Absolutely

But I genuinely couldn't believe it when the ref waved it off. I thought it must've been the end of the round and I was in disbelief when I realized the ref had stopped it.

I really like both Pereira and Jiri and I just wanted to see a great fight and Jiri is a warrior and has come back from the brink of defeat before, even after admitting he'd been ''out'' in one of those fights.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  4. KelandBeave

KelandBeave Fab 4 Full Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Extremely early call in a title fight, in fact, I wouldn't have stop that at a local club fight.

If they fight again i know who i'd back

5. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    BS stoppage. But I won't say rigged. Was it the same ref as the other fights mentioned? Different refs, ref differently. Early stoppages tend to be the norm these days.

That being said, it was a horrible stoppage for a championship fight between two former champions.

6. TheShellofKell

TheShellofKell Nakatani Future P4P #1 Full Member

Sep 3, 2021
    Called Pereira being LHW champ at the end of 2023 in Feb of this year.

Ph33rknot and Samart'sTeep like this.
  7. Samart'sTeep

Samart'sTeep Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2019
    Nice call. I feel like he got an undeserved streamlined path in the UFC because they wanted to cash in on his already established kickboxing rivalry with Israel Adesanya. However, he's largely proven that he's lived up to the goods so far. He is a tremendous striker and competitor.

8. TheShellofKell

TheShellofKell Nakatani Future P4P #1 Full Member

Sep 3, 2021
    Yeah no doubt about it at all, he was pushed pretty hard and now there is another narrative, Izzy went up and failed and Pereira went up and was successful. The 4th fight with Izzy makes him the most money but I presume it will be Jahmal next, the problem for Izzy is that he is slightly too small for LHW and there's now 2 very good grapplers chasing the MW belt.

9. Rakesh

Rakesh Active Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    Horrible take lol from other angles you can see Jiri's hands drop and go limp before waking up slightly after the ref pulls Alex off.

Was it early? Yeah, was it reasonable from the ref's perspective? Also yes.

Not everything is fixed.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  10. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    It was good that left dropped him

11. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Was a little early but not that bad. When the ref waves it off Jiri looked helpless ready to get punched some more. He was also fully mounted.