Professional boxers fighting in amateur tournaments is essentially legalized bullying......

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Yatezy

Yatezy Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2016
    You seem to be ignoring the fact the Olympics only comes around every 4 years and is extremely competitive. One day off means you're waiting another 4 years for a chance whereas you have 4 major world titles to choice from with usually only a couple of pounds separating you between another 8.

You also seem to be ignoring that the wars you are talking about happened over 15 and 12 rounds so of course they are tougher fights. The amateur game is completely different, fought at a totally different pace and has different tactics. They'll be no weight cutting trying to get the upper hand by coming in huge compared to your opponent.

And a lot of pro's use these high ranking amateurs as sparring partners.

Its impossible to compare Ali's Olympic gold to the war he fought over 14 rounds in sweltering heat against Frazier, which is the point. They're completely different. And highly trained amateurs will be better equiped to give it their all over 3 rounds than a fighter who trains to go at a slower pace for 12.

2. Northadox

Northadox Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    We'll agree to disagree.. I like Rob McCracken.. Good discussion tho!

mark ant likes this.
  3. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Why?

4. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    All I saw was raw power, not much skill at all, I don`t think this guy would come close to beating a decent heavyweight champ at all, his head movement was stationary, he was on the center line after punching like AJ was when he wa caught by that brilliant counter hook.

5. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    It’s been explained to you. If you don’t get it by now you’re not going to. I don’t like to appeal to the consensus but you can ask anybody involved with boxing about this and they’ll tell you.

6. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Yeah, you don’t understand boxing.

7. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Another stupid thread... ****, this forum is getting dumber and dumber.