Professional Fighter’s League

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Manassas, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Manassas

Manassas “Rumble young man rumble!” Full Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Y’all watching any of this?
    Tournament format, $1,000,000 for the winner/each class, (thought they said)

Dudes are fighting their guts out. Week ago watched poor Jake Shields get demolished.
    Watchin now, in Texas

Oneirokritis likes this.
  2. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Who is promoting the event ?

3. Manassas

Nov 30, 2017
    MMAX, derived from WSOF.

Got Guapo/Coture announcing. HUGE international presence. Even the women look like killers.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  4. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Yeah it's good to see PFL trying a few different things such as the point system for each fight to help determine the finalists in each division, I'm not sure exactly how it works but I know you get more points for a finish then you do a decision win.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  5. The Funny Man 7

The Funny Man 7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2005
    I like the format, but its pretty similar to the IFL right, which failed? Correct me if I'm wrong about that, because IFL was when I only followed boxing, so I'm not an expert. I hope the PLF succeeds. I think its better if there are a variety of major organizations, since it gives fighters more bargaining power and I always prefer that the guys suffering head trauma are well compensated.

I'm most curious to see how Will Brooks' career unfolds over there. I find Will's personality really annoying and cringey, but he's a serious talent and his dark chapter in the UFC was baffling. Even the win over Ross Pearson was a poor display. He's rebounded well so far.

6. The Funny Man 7

The Funny Man 7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2005
    I'm excited to see how Kayla Harrison progresses as well. When it comes to wmma I typically only care about the ones who are good looking like Carano, or Nadia Kassem, but Harrison has some serious credentials.

Manassas likes this.
  7. Manassas

Nov 30, 2017
    Been impressed with most of the fights, the Khazaks are fighting tall, lots of W’s in that crew, got “The Eagle” cornering.

That Hawaiian kid who plastered Shields, 3 fights, 3 first round stoppages...looks like Genghis Khan, dude’s death-on-foot.

Good, quality exposure for MMA. Boxing needs some of this