Prograis V Taylor (poll)

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Oct 25, 2019.

Who you got and how?

1. Prograis points

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Prograis stoppage

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Taylor points

21 vote(s)
    43.8%
  4. Taylor stoppage

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I don’t believe there is one (correct me if I’m wrong).

I do fancy Prograis to outbox him and land the cleaner work but I just think with Taylor being somewhat of the home favourite and more than likely to be the aggressor I think he will just slightly get the nod from the judges. Prograis is quality though and I wouldn’t be surprised to see something like 118-110 either!

2. bluebird

bluebird Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Josh Taylor reminds me of Calzaghe a bit. I think boxing wise he could have the best of it, Prograis hits like a truck though.

minemax and pacas like this.
  3. Boon

Boon Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 2, 2015
    That is an insult to Josh Taylor. Taylor has really good skills and actually punches like a real man.

Also, I am not being a fan-girl, but Taylor is actually showing he has the balls to take on the best as soon as possible. Not doing a Calzaghe and fighting tomato cans like Tocker Pudwill, and then a celebrity like Peter Manfredo Jr followed by 2 very over the hill and old legends. That is the legacy of a man without any balls. I think Taylor is and will keep fighting real fights and building a real resume.

As for Calzaghe, I think he really only about 2 fights that were note worthy, Lacy and Kessler. The first was against a very unproven hype-job with a padded record, and the second was a good win. After that, the "resume" is filled with garbage collectors and taxi drivers. Just look at the amount of fighters that Calzaghe did not fight, and the fact that he (Calzaghe) pulled out of a fight with Glen Johnson 3 bloody times.

It won't take much, but I guarantee Josh Taylor will have a much better resume than Joe Blogs ever had the balls to.

minemax, pacas and Bridie mcmahon like this.
  4. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Let’s hope it’s fair for a start.

5. Bridie mcmahon

Bridie mcmahon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Josh Taylor really should be applauded and if he beats prograis after 16 fights is a British all time great imo!!....why? Go look at who calzaghe,Lennox,frock,Hatton,brook,naz,haye fought in 16 fights and tell me me he's not.

Angler Andrew and pacas like this.
  6. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Taylor sparks him early :)

& I hate the jocks lol

7. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Ye it's great that someone as famous & accomplished as u in boxing has shed some insight on this guy Calzaghe who no one has heard of

Le Dappa likes this.
  8. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Never gonna happen

PunchersChance. likes this.
  9. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    I see prograis moving and using his jab to victory.

PunchersChance. likes this.
  10. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Taylor isn't your average British hypejob. He's a solid fighter.

11. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Taylor seems one of those guys that just finds a way to win, he can box but chooses to fight. I think he'll pull it out somehow. I am not sure prograis has the chin he says he has, he was wobbled bad with a punch after the bell against Relikh.

VanBasten likes this.
  12. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    :lol: :lol: :lol:, damn true.

Agree.

Scorching!

Boon likes this.
  13. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Hard to make up my mind on this one. Both guys are good fighters but Taylor is a better boxer. That’s not a guarantee because Prograis is a better puncher and is skilled. This type of fight is good for boxing. 2019 has been a very good year for fights and we still have a few big ones left.

Angler Andrew and cleglue1 like this.
  14. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    I’d go as far to say he’s nothing like a British style boxer.Think that’s why so many on here like him.