Prospects who should be showcased more

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Deeza, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    In all seriousness now, it’s a poisoned chalice.

Let’s take Benn for example. He’s 21 years old, he’s 12 and 0, he’s the son of a legend. Imagine he had done all this behind the scenes with a low profile. The anticipation to see him would be astronomical, as it stands his whole career has been played out on some really big cards and now he probably has more critics than fans and all his imperfections are there for all to see.

I suppose you can use Yarde as an example too. He’s nowhere near ready for the top level, he’s never even fought British level but with FW having him chief support against cans and spectacularly knocking them out, there’s people out there who genuinely believe he could give Kovalev a fight. This is again because of too much publicity and unwarranted hype.

im sparticus likes this.
  2. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I would like to see Sirenko fight again......................

3. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Fitzgerald. Looks like they’re going to build the Fowler fight now though, which tells you a lot about who Hearn prefers. One of them has been shown on tele about once, he other is regualary on TV and now his promoter is saying get them in together. Rather than keep them apart for at least a while.

Would love Fitzgerald to beat Fowler and see Hearn’s face. I know Fowler has done a lot building up support (free coaches and Tickets to Newcastle and London etc) and there’s a bit of interest in him anyway. I can’t imagine Fitzgerald is that good if a ticket seller so is no good to Hearn.

4. Amazing one

Amazing one Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Sam Bowen, can punch & quite exciting style.

im sparticus likes this.
  5. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Im suprised about this lad. you would of thought one of the big promoters would of snapped him up. Especialy now hes beaten maxi hughes. Maybe now he has the british he will get a deal with one of the big ones

Amazing one likes this.
  6. Amazing one

Jan 14, 2013
    He's a good fighter. He's managed/trained by Carl Greaves if not mistaken? I like Bowen, I picked him vs Barrett before Ronnie Clark got there. Underrated Bowen IMO.

im sparticus likes this.
  7. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Yes carl does manage & train him. I was at the fight vs hughes the other Wk, bowen looks maaiive and very strong and fit for the weight

Amazing one likes this.
  8. Amazing one

Jan 14, 2013
    I think he's the best out of Woodstock, himself & Barrett personally. I'll be watching his progress. Could be another Ritson.

9. Gymbot

Gymbot Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I really want to see Joe "The Pig" Pigford fight again, but he hasn't got anything scheduled and hasn't fought for a year. Anyone know what's happening with him?