Pryor vs DLH @ 140

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Xplosive, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
  2. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    DLH never beat a fighter near Arguello`s quality at 140, so Pryor was more proven at the weight.

3. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
  4. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Classic fight to be had here

Pryor's work rate would seriously take his toll on Del a Hoya who's stamina was always iffy. He'd cause a fire fight that Del a Hoya couldn't stop or win and drag him into waters where Oscar couldn't swim

Oscar would be throwing some leather back make no mistake, the pair of them trading left hooks would be insane to watch

Pryor KO11

ETM, META5 and Jel like this.
  5. Jel

Jel Obsessive list maker Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    That sounds likely to me - good call.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  6. Titan1

Titan1 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Pryor by SD in 12. But Oscar always has a shot here.

7. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Pryor wins.Oscar had stamina issues and pryor would take over in the later rounds of the fight

8. Rspen46

Rspen46 Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Another post building up Pryor too much, and again, I have to say due to my close up knowledge of Pryor, he does not beat any ATG at any weight, it's simple as this, he was ranked #3 at 1 time at LW, that division was loaded, his camp ran him to the crappy JWW to fight an aging at the end of his career Cervantes who still put Pryor down as did 6 or 7 other guys, none of those with any power to speak up, Pryor had a weak chin, that's why he never fougth anyone with power, then he fought Arguello who was well above his best weight, and over 30, and a slow Robotic fighter, perfect for Pryor, yet he still had to cheat with Panama Lewis's secret mix, it kept him up and able to take a blow, I lived in Cincinnati my whole life, we loved Pyror, I worked out at both his gyms for 7 years, I worked at one of them and helped out all the time, I knew him, his entire camp, always talking to them, I saw all but 1 Pro fight live, 40% at least of his amateur fights, he hit very hard with both hands, he had no defense, terrible balance, couldnt take a big punch, was dumber than a rock so had zero ring generalship, he was short, he had a terrible corner, even then Arguello should have won if not cheated, look at the video of the perfect straight right Alexis hit him with that bent his head so far back it touched his back, Pryor had been put down many times by bums, yet somehow he blows that awesome punch off and then laughs, nO WAY, it was the special mix of amphetatiines and other things we all in the gym knew Lewis gave him, Pryor was hopped up for 95% of his fights on something, Lewis just refined it for him, Pryor never fought anyone but Arguello with power, cervantes was at the end, and alexis well over his best weight no one else had power, WHY? they knew Pryor could be put down and knocked out, he turned down 2 offers from Leonard and he let Duran's offer expire without a reply as Duran moved up to WW, so no, Pryor could not beat any Great fighter in their Prime, he even somehow avoided fighting Saoul Mamby the guy that held the other half of the JWW title during much of Pryor's reign, he did not even unify his own Division, how could he beat DLH, LOL!, and Bobby Young destroyed him, WHY? he was actually clean for that fight, that was the real Pryor in that one, CLEAN for once.