Public Workout: Khan, Cook, Mitchell, Small

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by IronBull, Jun 19, 2007.

1. IronBull

IronBull Active Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2005
    Boxing stars Amir Khan, Nicky Cook, Kevin Mitchell and Anthony Small will hit London for a public workout on Friday 29th June in the build up to their big night next month at the O2 Arena.

The hotshots of British boxing will all go through a series of punishing work-outs with their trainers as they show fight fans what is in store when they feature on the first ever World Championship Boxing event to be staged at the fabulous 02 Arena on Saturday 14th July.

Cook headlines the 'London's Burning' show when he challenges top American Steve Luevano for the Vacant WBO World Featherweight Championship. Chief support features Khan challenging for Willie Limond's Commonwealth crown and his big rival Kevin Mitchell defending his IBF Intercontinental Super-Featherweight title and challenging for the Vacant WBO Intercontinental against tough Russian Alexander Hrulev. Londoner Anthony Small takes on Welsh scrapper Bradley Pryce in what is set to be a real tear up plus a top quality supporting card.

The work-out is open to the public and is free to attend and all boxers will meet with fans, sign autographs and pose for photos after their work-outs.

Event: Boxing Public Work-Out
    Date: Friday 29th June
    Where: 02 Arena (Nearest Tube Station is North Greenwich on the Jubilee Line)
    Boxers work-out times:
    11am-12noon: KEVIN & VINNY MITCHELL
    12noon-1pm: NICKY COOK
    1pm-2pm: AMIR KHAN
    2pm-3pm: ANTHONY SMALL

http://www.frankwarren.tv/drill/New...-public-workout-khan-cook-mitchell-small.html

2. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    I wish I could show up just to tell Amir and whoever is there from his crew how much I hate them.:lol:

3. IronBull

Sep 1, 2005
    I wished you get banned here Amsterdam for being arrogant.

4. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    How am I being arrogant? Khan is arrogant, I just simply wish to tell the little **** that I despise he and his fraudulent crew.

And sorry Bull, but you can't get banned just for having a negative opinion of Amir Khan and expressing it in liberal fashion, even though you'd love for that to be the case.

5. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    By the way, Amir will never be anything in the same region as Floyd Mayweather Jr....

Especially since PBF was about 5x as impressive at 12 wins in comparison to Khan, only PBF had minimal hype until he blasted out Genero Hernandez at his 18th win, and even then, the hype didn't set in completely with the mainstream fans until he blasted out Gatti.

Just makes the media, his management and his own personal limited mindset look very stupid doesn't it Bull?:smooch

6. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    what is it in particular about him as a person that you don't like, Amsterdam?

7. IronBull

Sep 1, 2005
    Man.. you are arrogant... you repeat same thing again and again.. even some fans admitted you becoming boring.. :deal And you don't know **** about Khan and his management.. you are just a drama queen. You just enjoy making negative comments which is something not true.

Why are you talking about Mayweather in this topic (you going off-topic)?

Khan is a big fans of Mayweather and Oscar.. Khan went to America few weeks back to watch the fight live..

False.

Oh yeah, remember you took a few weeks off from ESB for a break or something.. Khan threads was good without you ;)

8. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    **** that little china chinned ****.:good

9. faisal

faisal Hoolios daddy Full Member

Feb 24, 2007
    i'm sure a lot fine ass ladies will be showing up in the workout Mitchell's quite the ladies man.

10. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    And you're a blind, ignorant nuthugger who doesn't belong on a "general" boxing forum.

Yes, Emma, who has no stamina for the chin checking game, and an idiot who wanted to compare SRR's first 13 fights in direct reasoning with Khan's first 13 fights. I'm ever offended Bull by that example of ingenuity.:yep

Why don't you ask Decebal, whom is posting in this thread also, about all of the positive additions that I make to general boxing chat, something you take no part in. You only see my comments on Khan, because all you partake in are Khan discussions. Everything I have said about Khan is exactly true and I can't wait for that ****ing joke to get brutally KTFO, it's coming really soon.:cool:

You have a Mayweather avatar, and only for the reason that Khan mentioned something about Mayweather or is a fan of Mayweather, which automatically makes you a fan of Mayweather. What if Khan said that "Amsterdam at ESB is harsch to me, but he's a cool guy", then you'd accept that as fact, even though I am brutally critical of your little ****headed hype job in question.

Which is the only reason you have a Mayweather avatar and the only reason you cared about the fight, this is an overtone for British fans who only know a piece of trash like Khan. Disgusting.

Oh so true.

They were good to you, because they lacked my brutal reality checks.:good

11. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    Get them all to hang around Mitchell, then diss Amir in brutal fashion, this will only help in the honourable process of getting Khan's china chin shattered.:D

12. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Tis true! Amsterdam is a blast! I am always looking forward to reading his views and analyses, and being entertained by him.

Also, I find Amsterdam's fixation with Amir Khan quite endearing and funny, especially since I cannot find a good explanation for it. But let me try:

Maybe Amsterdam hates that Khan's manager, instead of running his career better than he ran Joe Calzaghe's career, which he pretty much ruined by not making him the big fights against the best out there, hypes his protegee massively while putting him up against decent but very limited guys who will just make Khan look good without much risk...Possibly, Amsterdam also hates that Khan is too happy to tag along with the media hype train, instead of demanding that he gets tested properly, or left to learn his trade in peace and quiet, like everyone else.

Therefore, maybe it's just that Amsterdam loves Khan so much that he doesn't want him to make the same mistakes Joe did...who knows?...:lol:

13. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Cant be arsed getting into any arguments. I was at olivers yesterday and Khan is a quiet lad who got on with his workout without any shouting or apparent arrogance. He looked good, although its only the start of his prep I'd imagine. When he got going on the pads he was really impressive.
    As for china chinned, there are a couple of heavy handed lads who train there, so i reckon if he is "china chinned" in training people would know about it. He's a great prospect for British boxing, good luck to him.

As a side note, Jamie Moore was extremely impressive in the lightish* workout he did. Surely has a good chance at winning a world title, or at the very least contesting one, in the next 18months. His defence is quickly becoming one of his main attributes. Should have some training footage up on his site in the next few weeks.

14. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Do you dislike Khan because he is of Pakistani origin? That really is all I can think of seemig as you can't give a valid reason.

15. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    Why would it be a race thing? Is it not clear that I dislike all hype jobs, especially of the china chin variant, such as Fraudley Harrison, Jason Litzau(whom are black and white respectively), the problem with Khan is that he's the most overhyped china chinned hype job that I have ever seen and it's on the notion of a novelty sale.

I hate it.

I would hate it the same if his name were William Charles and he was a native from Devon county. I don't care what ethnic background the kid comes from.

I equally dislike jokes like Felix Sturm, only he's actually deserving of a top 10 ranking, but if he were pushed like Khan, I'd be all over it, as would I be all over a Swiss fighter who was pushed like Khan but was nothing special and was evidently china chinned, arrogant and a product of exploitation.

But let me ask you, why can't I simply dislike a prime example of bad exploitation? Why would it have to be a race thing, it's more of an idealistic thing mixed with a strong disliking of bad chins, I hated Fraudley the same when he bursted onto the scene, but he was cleared clean, as will Khan be.