(Punch count)Here is the video for all the deluded individuals who thought LOMA VS LINARES was close

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by FastSmith7, May 15, 2018.

1. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Pure example of incompetence is what you represent not me.

You don't even understand that ending the fight in any round is a round won.....:bash:

2. GolovKing

GolovKing ESB Since 2006 Full Member

Jul 18, 2013
    No, I understand. Your incompetence lies within the 6th round, won by Linares, so Loma could not have won 10 rds. Silly boy.

3. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Ten rounds won meaning the fight in general which is why I said he only won 2 rounds. How could he have won 10 rounds if I'm subtracting 2 ?

That means adding 2 rounds would make it a 12 round fight if i have Linares 2 rounds and Loma 10 ?

Think McFly...THINK !

Silly boy!

4. rodney

rodney Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Bad stoppage. Linares was winning. The ref saved Loma's.

5. WalcottsBentFace

WalcottsBentFace Member banned Full Member

May 12, 2018
    Wonder why Linares didn’t argue the stoppage. Not even so much as a “Ohhhh come on! I’m ok!”

Lol Nah.. Jorge was done. He knew Loma was coming on again and it would be all downhill from there. Not to mention he still felt like his liver was ripped out :)

What do they like to say on here?
    TKO10 DEAL WITH IT.

6. Gil Gonzalez

Gil Gonzalez Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2012
    This content is protected

7. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    As I said the first time this video was posted:
    I'm not seeing it. I think whoever made that video is counting too many grazing, blocked, and half blocked punches. I took a look myself at the first two rounds watching first Linares, then rewinding to watch Lomachenko. I won't swear by it, but this is roughly the action I saw.

R1 Linares 10
    R2 Lomachenko 7

R2 Linares 12
    R2 Lomachenko 9

Most of what both threw missed or was blocked. Lot of feinting and range finding too. It looks like my proportion is similar to compuboxes although I counted a lot fewer punches as landing for both fighters. Compubox had it:

R1 Linares 14
    R1 Lomachenko 12

R2 Linares 21
    R2 Lomachenko 17

8. OvidsExile

Aug 28, 2012
    Incorrect, I saw Canelo/Golovkin 8-4 for Golovkin. I saw Linares/Lomachenko 5-4 + a knockdown for Linares through the first 9 rounds. Take your fanboy glasses off. 2/3rds of both fighters' punches were blocked or slipped.

9. lighteningjab

lighteningjab Member Full Member

May 6, 2018
    I have my tinfoil hat on I know what is going on. Lomachenko is a fake and all his fights are with paid actors to make him look good. The video you have been watching is also a fake. The Ukranian illuminati is behind all this.

10. OvidsExile

Aug 28, 2012
    No, it's just that some people are really enthusiastic about Lomachenko and think he's a little better than he actually is. They think he's hitting Linares with punches that he isn't and not getting hit by punches which he is. A lot of people have difficulty telling the difference between a landed and a blocked punch, ones that land versus ones that just barely miss. The action is very fast and the camera angles are constantly shifting. It can be hard to tell sometimes what actually happened.

11. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I have watched the fight several times, Lomachenko was peppering Linares, the video is easy to rewatch................remember, Lomachenko is Eastern European, therefore he is hated by certain people, so is Golovkin, Kovalev, (what was cheated by Weeks and the powers that be in boxing), Bivol, Gvozdyk, Beterbiev, Usyk, Gassiev, etc., they should start fighting in Europe if they can't get fair judges, referees, boxing commissions in America, esp. Vegas!

12. OvidsExile

Aug 28, 2012
    I like Lomachenko. In Kirk's betting league I bet for him to win. I think he's the #1 p4p right now. As for Golovkin, he's probably my favorite fighter right now, because he brings the knockouts, the big drama show. Ditto for Kovalev. Ward shouldn't have won either of those fights. I'm not yet sold on Bivol, but I love watching Gvozdyk and Beterbiev break men. Usyk doesn't thrill me, but I admire his skill.

13. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Where did I say you score rounds on how competitive they were ? Where did I say that I gave Linares more than 2/3 rounds. let me answer that for you I DIDNT !!. I said the rounds were competitive which they were.

I will give you answer to your question (this is not related to the Linares v Loma fight) if in a fight both boxers throw say 50 punches a round, one fighter lands 30 punches the other lands 35. they keep this up for all twelve rounds with once fighter landing 5 more punches each round. Technically the fight would be a shut out 12 - 0. But the fight was still competitive and close despite the scores being wide and not close.

So yes a fight can be close and competitive despite the scores not being so.

By the way I had Loma in a fairly handy lead going into the 10th. It was still a competitive fight however. But I wonder how Loma's face got so marked up, I wonder how he got dropped in a completey 1 sided beatdown like you describe. Weird that eh?

I suppose Loma is a liar also after saying it was a tough hard fight? You had Loma 10 rounds up on your scorecard which is not possible so I think we need to question whether you watched the fight?! (ps you do realise you dont score a round that wasnt completed?!)

OvidsExile likes this.
  14. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    Wouldnt agree with that i think the majority of folk would have GGG and Loma in their top 5 p4p (i have Loma as no 1.)

The problem is the fanboys and haters make more noise than the reasonable balanced posters.

OvidsExile likes this.
  15. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    I dont think you understand the word edited do you?

I thought this thread was about Loma and Linares ?

Not covering yourself in glory here, silly boy tries to debate with adults. Fair play just learn from your mistakes!