punch through

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by meromufo, Sep 29, 2013.

1. meromufo

meromufo New Member Full Member

Jul 3, 2011
    should i punch through the target or snap my punch ,punchin through seems slowere to get my hand back ,when i snap its a lot quicker andstill has power ?:rofl

2. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Through.

Does a bulldozer 'snap back' when it's job is to knock down a wall? No. It's job is to go THROUGH it.

You, sir, are a bulldozer.

3. greynotsoold

greynotsoold Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Why do act as if 'punching through' the target and getting snap in your punches are different things? I don't think that you understand either concept.

4. Honeybadger

Honeybadger New Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2013
    You can perceive it very well on the heavy bag... The "punching through" will make a muffled 'THUD' sound as it pushes the bag around, while the "snapping punch" will make a big 'SMACK' sound as the bag convulse. The pushing punch tends to be slower and tiring, as you uses much more energy on contact. I think the pushing punch is somewhat useless on the head, since the head will bounce around and it won't absorb it's energy, making you tired as you opponent will not be as much damaged, on the other hand, this punch seems to be very effective on the body, especially on the rids, since the body won't bounce around and it won't be able to dissipate it's energy besides breaking itself. The snapping punch on the other hand, is fast, not necessarily weak and super-effective on the head, since there's no waste of energy and it can have enough knockout energy in it. You can drop a opponent with a well landed jab, so don't waste your energy trying to break rocks with your fists and swingin' hay makers around. If you're looking to achieve the snapping punch, you must think of yourself as a whip instead of a bat, it's all about being relaxed and explosive breathing, try not to punch with your shoulder. You must visualize your arm as a rubber band, it must be lightning fast and relaxed as it explodes and you should retract it as soon as you can, so you can minimize the contact time and maximize it's energy dissipation. Boxing is not a brick-breaking competition. Good luck! I wish you the best!

meromufo likes this.
  5. scrap

scrap Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Spot on :D.

6. greynotsoold

greynotsoold Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    All energy goes away from the body when you punch; you never pull your punch back. Since the turn of the hips, then the shoulders drives the arm out, when they recoil, they draw the arm back in. The arm is basically irrelevant in the punch- it merely carries the blow.
    Are you equating 'punching through' with pushing one's punches?

7. Honeybadger

Sep 25, 2013
    Sorry, friend. I didn't quite understand what you meant. Could you elaborate it?

8. jasper2005

jasper2005 Active Member Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    long story short the arm is just the messenger

9. Honeybadger

Sep 25, 2013
    No doubt, but the way you throw that arm, directly influences how much and how your energy is distributed and if it's worth or not.

10. jasper2005

Jun 8, 2012
    ya dont lift ur elbow and youll be ok

meromufo likes this.
  11. StillWill

StillWill Dr. Eisenfaust Full Member

Jul 12, 2010
    **** advice

snap your punches like a towel

meromufo likes this.
  12. scrap

Jul 15, 2006
    You cant Punch without lifting the Elbow.

13. jasper2005

Jun 8, 2012

having been in a boxing gym you know what i mean... but im not 100% sure that u aren't high on chromosomes.... if people dont know then they need to go out to a boxing gym get a trainer and learn

14. scrap

Jul 15, 2006
    Its like People saying Turn the Hip. On its own the Hip doesnt move.

15. jasper2005

Jun 8, 2012
    thats just semantics if someone doesnt know how to control their own body enough to be able to turn their hip then good luck in the rest of their daily life... also while u may or may not be a credible source your posts are garbage and dont help anyone out its like we got a frikkin yoda up in this bizzotch