Put Oliver McCall In Front Of Prime Foreman. What Happens??

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Fergy, Jun 26, 2022.

Who wins in the battle of Foreman s power and Mccalls chin?

1. George Foreman

86.5%
  2. Oliver McCall

13.5%
  1. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    If we could pick out the best ever version of Mccall??, yep I'm unsure, but anyway, put him in with Foreman of Kingston.
    What next?
    15 rounds and a ref that let's em get on with it.

Man_Machine and BitPlayerVesti like this.
  2. Bill1234

Bill1234 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 28, 2007
    What happens is Oliver takes a bad beating.

3. Stevie G

Stevie G Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 17, 2009
    McCall soaks up a lot Foreman's punches until the ref steps in or Oliver's corner throws the towel in.

4. Journeyman92

Journeyman92 I’m become seeker of milk Full Member

Sep 22, 2021
    Oliver was a cagey guy for a heavyweight. He’d be a bigger, stronger guy. He’s got a good punch, underrated in my opinion. His passive-ish style would do well here. He made a living off surviving Tyson for endless rounds no way is Foreman getting him out. I think he’d start taking over by about the 9th, down a point or two before he gets the stoppage.

5. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    This.

Fergy, Pat M and Journeyman92 like this.
  6. Journeyman92

Journeyman92 I’m become seeker of milk Full Member

Sep 22, 2021
    I think folks sleep too much on Ollie but are too willing to turn Foreman into Zeus.

7. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Oliver makes it to round 5, but he's getting hit flush too much. Though George is showing signs of fatigue he's still landing punches that make the ringside folk cringe. Oliver has done a decent job, landing several choice punches, but it's not enough to dissuade George. He gets stopped on his feet, with little complaint.

8. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Yea, McCall could make it interesting but he wasn’t as good as Foreman

9. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I did a thread on this several years ago and the opinions were pretty divided. While George Foreman was leagues higher as an ATG, McCall might have been a troublesome matchup for a 1970s George who struggled with stamina, defense and mental fortitude. McCall isn’t likely to drop early. And the longer he hangs around the more tired and frustrated George will get. And Oliver could crack a little bit too. Not sure who I’d favor but if I were Gil Clancy I wouldn’t want McCall as an opponent for George.

10. FastLeft

FastLeft Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2022
    Foreman win easy on the points decision. McCall is average basic only. how would any say McCall win with prime Foreman? he must be 50-1 underdog! he lose to Bruno even

Toney F*** U likes this.
  11. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    That sounds about right Stevie.
    Even OM can't last here. Would be too much even for him.

12. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    I dislike folks taking World Class fighters-at least at their best-& saying essentially because they were imperfect, not ATGs, they were bad or just "average".
    The reason Ollie could be a test for Foreman is twofold: his insane, I believe patented Best Ever chin, & that he was a top fighter.
    Not Foreman's level, but of course a stylistic advantage could give him a chance.

I just happen to believe that they would stop a fight with him taking too much punishment, a la Chuvalo.

13. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Oliver McCall was about 6'2" with a very long reach, about 80"or so .. he was very strong himself , cagey not catcher like a Chuvalo, had power and of course that chin .. if the rare best focused McCall shows he could easily outlast Foreman and stop him late ... Oliver did not sit and catch punches all night like a Chuvalo or a dwarfed Frazier .. George would have to be in shape and use his jackhammer jab all night and he could decision him like Bruno did .. if he tried to blow him out he'd gas and lose ..

14. FastLeft

FastLeft Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2022
    this is not McCall I know. McCall was not clever boxer. in peak prime McCall was plodder lost with Hunter. Norris. Bruno. schooled with Douglas .close loss with shot washed TNT Tucker . close win with Boogie man Ferguson & Lionel Butler. his usual level. dull fighter. low average boxer skill but strong. & Don King fighter. Tough war with Bruce Seldon. outlast Seldon in tough fight! now he does same with Foreman! Lol hardly do well with sad fat 45 age Holmes!

nothing other than this the one punch with Lewis

think.

15. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Goodnight, sweet grillmaster.