Qawi credits Saad Muhammad as hardest puncher.......

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by GoldenHulk, Jan 27, 2019.

1. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Doesn't bother me because I know I'm simply doing it out of habit and affection of two of my all time favorite fighters. Not out of underlying racism like you which you've snuck into more posts asross the board than I can count.

George Crowcroft and red cobra like this.
  2. JackSilver

JackSilver Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2017
    I’m offended that no one ever calls Hagler by his legally changed name of Marvelous Marvin Hagler and still calls him by the name that he formally and legally renounced. In fact I’m probably more offended than he is but what the hell, it is 2019 when everyone gets offended about something and not just for themselves. Yay!!

3. mrkoolkevin

mrkoolkevin Never wrestle with pigs or argue with fools Full Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Whatever you want to tell yourself.

And you're the only mentioning race and racism here.

4. Saad54

Saad54 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Braxton
    Braxton
    Braxton
    Franklin
    Franklin
    Franklin

It would be disrespectful if someone walked up to Dwight and called him "Braxton"

But, a discussion on a message board is inconsequential.

And he was called Braxton when he fought the two fights against Saad.

5. Saad54

Saad54 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 10, 2014
    I am saddened to see you are a PC snowflake. You must have been born in 1990 or later.

6. robert ungurean

Jun 9, 2007
    Are you kidding me?? Look all you had to do is ask in the first place about why I call him Matt Franklin and you would have gotten the same answer I gave you after your game playing 2 or so pages ago. Like i told Q befor dont beat around the bush and just say what you really want to say. Dont try an be slick and sneaky because it's easy to spot. I've said it here befor that I'm an open book with nothing to hide. Just ask next time

red cobra likes this.
  7. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Yeah I usually use their chosen name but sometimes I use Miracle Matthew Franklin or Eddie Gregory out of appreciation for their given names at the times they fought.

If you mention Muhammad Abdul Rauf I may not remember who you mean but I knew Chris Jackson when he played at LSU and often times use that.

Oh well don’t mean to offend them personally or anyone else and for the most part I don’t...but sometimes I do revert back to their given names.

8. mrkoolkevin

Jan 30, 2014
    I’m saddened to see that you’re an idiot, Saad.

9. mrkoolkevin

Jan 30, 2014
    We agree on this. I guess we just disagree on whether it's disrespectful to call him "Braxton" behind his back.

10. mrkoolkevin

Jan 30, 2014
    Yeah, I don't think anyone would object to that.

11. Titan1

Titan1 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 18, 2004
    At least Dwight gave Matthew his props. Shame he is not alive to receive them.

12. robert ungurean

Jun 9, 2007
    What is probably missing here is that Dwight was most likely brought in to spar with Franklin at the start of his career. Its very likely he felt his power back then.

13. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

InMemoryofJakeLamotta I have defeated the great Seamus Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Bill Brennan was both. His 68 KO's prove it!

14. El Hans

El Hans Member banned Full Member

May 30, 2019
    You're actually an egg for calling them by names they reject considering they renounced those names if you didn't like them i get it but fighters you like?

Don't give me your excuse either it's attention seeking and you know it go carry Larrys jock strap with your teeth lol.

Fury's Love Handles likes this.
  15. robert ungurean

Jun 9, 2007
    Lol you know absolutely nothing about me azzhole. I call them by the names I grew up watching them. If you dont like it tough sheet. If you took the time to research either man you would have realized Matt actually accepted Christ and was no longer a Muslim. He actually wanted to change his name back but that costs money something he unfortunately didnt have. Look into it El Idiot befor you go casting stones. Tough guy.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.