Question for Mayorga lovers?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MacManJr., Aug 6, 2007.

1. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    :lol: :good Great minds think a like.

2. MacManJr.

MacManJr. Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2007
    That's because that is the only way Mayorga knows how to fight. Now compare their fights against Oscar. Who would you rather be?

3. InHumanForm

InHumanForm Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2006
    while i agree that that did cross the line, in general the man is funny and to put it simply, entertaining. talking about sucking the milk from hoya's wife's tits among other things. floyd is just a ***** who makes it seem like no fighter is worthy to step in the ring with him both past and present. like i said while mayorga might cross the line here and there, he is always entertaining and floyd just isn't at all really. plus the ghetto-hip hop image might not appeal to certain people.

4. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Both have their merits, as fighters and personalities. In both cases, it's all subjective. Everything about our beloved sport, at the end of the day, is highly subjective. This is exactly the kind of microscope analysis that collectively gives us a rep for taking the foundations of our assumptions too seriously and too far.

5. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    But the talking about a fighter's dead mother and talking about fighter's wives turning tricks should appeal to everyone right? You have a blatant double standard here.:deal

6. InHumanForm

Mar 22, 2006
    so in other words, to each his own, everyone has their own opinion, yada yada yada. kinda a cop out statement since it can be used for most any topic and contributes nothing to the topic in the end. this is about discussion and debate, not lets call it a draw and go home.

7. InHumanForm

Mar 22, 2006
    i never said it should appeal to everyone but it obviously appeals to more people than floyd's antics do :deal

8. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    I doubt that PBF is a bigger draw than Mayorga so I would say he has more appeal.:deal

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    it's a way of saying that comparison between the two in any area is quite a stretch, and unlikely to provide a very high ratio of insight to hugger/hater verbal diarrhea. apples and oranges. it's only a cop-out if you're claiming a noncommital answer as an active participant in the discussion - i am rejecting the very premise of the discussion outright.

10. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    But Mayorag is? I don't see the humor in talking about someone's dead mother it's quite the opposite...you guys are funny.:-(

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    You keep harping on the one instance. It's possible for someone to be of the opinion that that, in particular, wasn't cool, but to still be able to move past that and judge subsequent behavior independently of it.

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    ****, now I'm involved and thereby legitimizing this ridiculous topic. :yep

13. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    What other behavior? The guy has been nothing but a ****ing ******* and hasn't backed it up in the ring. The same can't be said about PBF whether you like his style or not is irrelevant because he wins everytime out. I have no problem with **** talkers and actually liked Margo after he beat Forrest, all I'm doing is trying to point out the double standard that exist here.

14. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Are you? Margo says a lot of stuff that's in bad taste he crossed the line with Vargas' wife as well. The guy has a track record for this ****, quit making excuses for him.

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    That only works a) if you're arguing about what gets done in-ring and/or b) you're arguing with people who are praising mayorga and trash-talking mayweather, which i don't think anymore than a small handful of haters are.

I respect the **** out of both, as far as what they do in the ring. Mayweather is a p4p king. Mayorga is a fearless crazy tough son of a *****. One had talent to spare and has honed it to perfection. One had very limited talent to begin with and has less than admirable disciplinary habits, but used what little he had (willpower and a punch) to achieve things he shouldn't have been able to.

I'm not going to sit here and fling **** on one to glorify the other. They really are apples and oranges. Floyd isn't even really known as a trash-talker the way Mayorga and Hopkins are. He's known as being flamboyant, young, and cocky, but before the DLH fight he didn't have an established 'villain' persona. That was completely fabricated for TWA and to be honest the role didn't really suit him.