Question for True Canelo Fans

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by J Jones, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    This.
    Hopkins made the middleweight limit once or twice before picking up the USBA title.
    Floyd was constantly over the 130lb mark before his first title shot.

2. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Very hard to top these 3.

3. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    One I think they would of been better just putting him in with a solid contender at 168 rather than Fielding but that's something else.

What they didn't need to do once they decided to make a fight so stupid Hearn thought they were joking is with a straight face tell us this was a major cultural event in which Canelo was making boxing history.

Believe it or not you can can promote a fight well without trying to hoodwink people.

4. Sugar 88

Feb 4, 2012
    This kind of nonsense hurts the sport. Fake belts and the like but fine you justify it.

5. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    So let me get this straight. You're mad at Canelo, because the WBA has multiple versions of a world title, Canelo ceased the opportunity to fight for one, it was advertised for what it was, and somehow Canelo is bad for doing exactly the same thing every fighter has done who has fought for the belt?

Sat. night has you ****ed up.

6. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I bought some chocolate from some kid selling it to raise money for his school.

On the wrapper it read the best chocolate in the world.

I wasn't pissed off about it. Why are you?

7. escudo

escudo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 13, 2014
    As a real Canelo fan, and a real boxing fan, they don't. Distrust anybody who tries to make the case they do.

J Jones and IsaL like this.
  8. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I hadn't heard anyone make that comparison really. Maybe someone did, but it wasn't a popular opinion amongst Canelo fans that I saw.

escudo likes this.
  9. Sugar 88

Feb 4, 2012
    Canelo Fielding is a good example of promoters looking deceive fans but if could be called in many other instances too.

Had Usyk moved up and fought Charr claiming it was him becoming heavyweight champ - let alone if had put in other non standard stipulations - I would of reacted exactly the same.

But we're talking about Canelo and GBP here who never miss a trick with this kind of ****.

LANCE99 likes this.
  10. Sugar 88

Feb 4, 2012
    The scales there are quite different and so are your expectations.

I don't think that kid was genuinely trying to exploit you. The Canelo Fielding fight felt very much like an actual con IMO due to the way it was sold.

We already have edgy buffoons claiming that Fielding and Smith will look similar on Canelo's resume despite one being an actual world champion who completely destroyed the other trinket holder in a round.

elbonzoseco likes this.
  11. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    All I can tell you is to gtfover it.

The amount of hatred these last three days has surpassed ridiculousness.

In my 17 years on this site I have NEVER seen anything like this after a fighter won a fight. The amount of threads made these last three days criticizing Canelo for his resume to how his fights are advertised is something beyond absurd.

I think that if you accept that Canelo is the face of boxing, P4P#1, MW, LHW champion, Epsy fighter of the year, and will likely be fighter of the year and decade you will start feeling better.

12. Sugar 88

Feb 4, 2012
    If you would acknowledge that people had valid criticisms of him then you might come off as a better rounded human being.

13. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    The majority of the criticism isn't valid though

14. Sugar 88

Feb 4, 2012
    Care to list what criticisms aren't valid in your opinion?

15. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    The only valid criticism is the drug thing even though VADA came out and said it was a contamination it's still a bad look outside of that pretty much all of it is bull****.
    Somehow he's a cherry picker yet has the best resume in boxing.
    Only fights old guys yet them same guys was top rated champs and in most cases THE MAN,
    The weight thing you really got people arguing that fights Canelo vs Kirkland or Angulo etc..which was 154.5 is a damn catch weight fight and somehow draining
    Like make this make since to me, not even being a fan being serious.

The guy just jumped 2 divison and lol'd the most accomplished champ in the division and people still hating