Quigg v Carroll

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Mar 2, 2020.

Who’ve you got?

1. Quigg decision

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. Quigg KO

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. Carroll decision

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  4. Carroll KO

10 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Draw

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Belfast

Belfast Member Full Member

Sep 2, 2019
    'Mick Collins' **** me, yes thats the Ulster Plantation you are referring to, pretty much a form of ethnic cleansing, obviously loyalists who were deliberately put there from Britain on the land stolen from the natives for the express purpose of giving Britain and her hardcore right wing establishment a foothold in the island 'consider themselves British' you moron, that's why they were put there in the first place! The North before the plantation was the province of most resistance led by the O'Neils so thats why your ancestors were sent here to usurp them and make them serfs in the first place, they saw themselves as British for more than just a century mate

2. wreckthehouse

wreckthehouse New Member banned Full Member

Jul 25, 2019
    Dec 1921, Michael Collins signed the Anglo-Irish treaty, acknowledging 6 counties preference to remain British, establishing a 26 county state.

Unionism is not a problem to be solved.

3. Belfast

Belfast Member Full Member

Sep 2, 2019
    And of course you'll just ignore the fact(I assume you didn't even know it) that Collins himself said he was threatened into signing the treaty, most of the terms of which were abolished in 1932 (or is Ireland still a dominion of the United Kingdom with members of her parliament having to swear loyalty to the King or Queen?)

Now let's move on to the main subject, this began with Jono Carrolls tattoo of Tiocfaidh ar la, meaning "Our day will come" that has triggered all of the ultra Brits in here. That quote is an alteration of many similar sayings throughout history predating ANY version of the IRA, but it is mainly attributed to the late great Bobby Sands. So what drove Sands to join the Provisional IRA in the first place?

"After experiencing harassment and intimidation from their neighbours, the family abandoned the development and moved in with friends for six months before being granted housing in the nearby Rathcoole development. Rathcoole was 30% Catholic and featured Catholic schools as well as a nominally Catholic but religiously mixed, youth football club, an unusual circumstance in Northern Ireland.

By 1966, sectarian violence in Rathcoole, along with the rest of Belfast, had considerably worsened, and the minority Catholic population there found itself under siege. Despite always having had Protestant friends, Sands suddenly found that none of them would even speak to him, and he quickly learned to associate only with Catholics.

He left school in 1969 at age 15, and enrolled in Newtownabbey Technical College, beginning an apprenticeship as a coach builder at Alexander's Coach Works in 1970. He worked there for less than a year, enduring constant harassment from his Protestant co-workers, which according to several co-workers he ignored completely, as he wished to learn a meaningful trade.He was eventually confronted after leaving his shift in January 1971 by a number of his coworkers wearing the armbands of the local Ulster loyalist tartan gang. He was held at gunpoint and told that Alexander's was off-limits to "Fenian scum" and to never come back if he valued his life. He later said that this event was the point at which he decided that militancy was the only solution.

In June 1972, Sands's parents' home was attacked and damaged by a loyalist mob and they were again forced to move, this time to the West Belfast Catholic area of Twinbrook, where Sands, now thoroughly embittered, rejoined them. He attended his first Provisional IRA meeting in Twinbrook that month and joined the IRA the same day. He was 18 years old. By 1973, almost every Catholic family had been driven out of Rathcoole by violence and intimidation, although there were some who remained"

See mate, don't confuse me with some sectarian hardcore republican, I believe you have every right to be here as me, and you even have the right to consider yourself British, I have no problem with, this is your land as much as it is mine, but this rewriting of history and histrionics over republicanism really has to stop

Jurgen likes this.
  4. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Surely nearly all people of all religions are much happier today in a time of relative peace in Northern Ireland.

The murdering peedos on both sides simply motivated by money - the rest is bollocks as they hide behind religion and/or political reasons. Nearly every one of the fookers only see a church at a wedding or funeral FFS.

The leaders of terrorist organisations live like kings yet the troops who do the dirty work end up dead or in prison.

Fook all terrorists and supporters - be happy and live your life.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    Willis Brown likes this.
  5. Carlton Cole

Carlton Cole Member banned Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Wtf is going on in here

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  6. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Why are mods letting this boring sh1te be waffled in here???

Have a day off boys.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  7. Little brian

Jul 21, 2019
    Boring

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  8. Little brian

Jul 21, 2019
    Boring

9. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Caroll has a Tattoo which spooked Scott Quigg, Joe Gallagher, Ant Crolla and The Smiths Band.

Just waiting on Big John Fury coming on the forum to give us his perspective before cleaning out the forum.

10. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Kids can learn more on here than in school - some of these posts are very informative regardless of side taken.

Belfast and jimmyonebomb like this.
  11. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Very informative post mate

Belfast likes this.
  12. Little brian

Jul 21, 2019
    Learn about boxing yeh. Not this garbage

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  13. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Agree on the last dregs of Quigg's career being used to launch Caroll. Not an easy watch. Credit to Jono though for a very good performance. He's box office to be honest because the sheer joy of the man in the ring is infectious. Maybe destined for a career just below the very top, but no shame in that and I think he'll build a greater following after displays like that.

Just on Fury. I wonder if they came to the conclusion that without big promoter backing they'd never get decisions anyway and even if, as they have, they do the deal with the devil, Hughie Fury still needs to build a following and he can do that by getting more KO's. Once you get to the top like AJ you don't need to chase KO's in the same way but for now I think Hearn wants to add to his showreel with some more can crushing...

Yes, it was that bad combination of a guy who was never completely out of the fight but was never going to win. You couldn't say the ref should've stopped it, though I wish he would and for all the criticism of Gallagher, he's only acted as a thousand 'old school' cornermen have done over the years. As someone else said above, its more likely that he's too close to his guy and wanted him to either pull out an unlikely big punch or retire with all questions answered as to whether he was finished. He just doesn't realise that time is past and the appetite for seeing someone destroyed like that has gone.

I disagreed with him, but I understand him too.

14. AJH

AJH Member Full Member

Jul 5, 2018
    Couldn't believe how empty the arena was on Saturday - Huge gaps everywhere, I've never seen it as empty. No atmosphere but on the plus side I never queued at the bar at all.

Hearn clearly was giving Quigg one last retirement earner of a fight vs a 'non-puncher'... Gallagher should have had him out of there a lot earlier.

15. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Taking nothing away from Carroll who boxed superbly, but Quigg looked shot to bits which was sad to see. Glad to hear he will be calling it a day now as he's had a career he can be proud of.

In terms of the stoppage... he definitely should have been pulled out a few rounds earlier, he was on a hiding to nothing. Seemed to me that it took Paul & Liam Smith going mad at ringside for Joe to finally throw the towel in.