Quitting

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Twentyman, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The German guy had a few strokes and this fight has left him severely disabled unable to walk or talk.

Spud O'Connor was the ref that night, YES THE SAME person, with the cards that cannot be explained by incompetence, allowed this poor lad to be beaten to a pulp.

Disgusting scenes that night and I hope the guy's family sue Fatty as he failed in his duty of care to the boxers.

2. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Genuinely reckon that was the first time he ever has seen Dubois box.

Knows **** all about boxing and is a total ****

Accurate and Inglis_1 like this.
  3. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Come on mate, in your first post you were taking about gladiators and why we watch. I watch to see the better man win and the art of the sport, which is what I saw Saturday. Once Daniel had no chance of winning - from say 6 onwards, I had no interest in seeing him beat up further.

Read this quote by SRR which I think is an opinion we should consider;

"I occasionally agreed to carry an opponent, almost always in what is known as a tune-up fight. I never considered it morally wrong as long as I was winning the fight. I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me." Sugar Ray Robinson

crixus85 and Inglis_1 like this.
  4. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Price vs Kuzmin, Price vs Chisora, that's the kind of quitting you question and as a result I don't want to hear anything David 'Debbie Harry' Price has to say about Saturday, before he even gets given a platform to speak up about it again maybe he can explain why he just gave up easily in two fights he was in. Heart of glass, chin of porcelain, eyes so close together he's very a nearly a cyclops.

Twentyman and Inglis_1 like this.
  5. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

Twentyman, Wizbit1013, Holler and 3 others like this.
  6. Journey Man

Aug 22, 2009
    Hearn's reaction has done him absolutely no favours.

7. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Agree, I suspect he wanted to twist the knife in Warren given his comments about Whyte but he's not displayed good judgment.

Scissors, Twentyman, Usercom and 2 others like this.
  8. Bulldog24

Bulldog24 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 2, 2013
    DDD is also a millionaire, paid to put his life on that line. Not paid that money for nothing!

He won't be around long anyway.

9. Journey Man

Aug 22, 2009
    A brain charity has spoke out on the criticism Dubois has been receiving;

Brain injury charity calls criticism of Daniel Dubois 'irresponsible' | Boxing | The Guardian

Two interesting quotes from the article worth highlighting;

“In this situation at the weekend you’ve got former boxers criticising Dubois for taking the knee when he had a fractured eye socket, the concept being you’ve got to be brave, you’ve got to be a hero, you’ve got to fight on to the bitter end. What kind of message is that sending to people about the nature of brain injuries? It’s dangerous, it’s irresponsible.”

I'd agree with the points there and it's what I tried to point out earlier, that the criticism only serves as pressure to force boxers to carry on when there's no point in doing so. Also the following from Joyce I must have missed;

"Dubois’s opponent Joyce said: “He’s good at giving a punch, but maybe not so good at taking a punch. I’d go to the end, unless I was getting pinged and there was no point in continuing."

My take is that Dubois was getting pinged and it was only going to get worse.

Twentyman likes this.
  10. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    And yet Robinson had no problem beating his pregnant wife so badly that she had a miscarriage. Most of the time when boxers say stuff like this it's a load of old bollox.

11. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Take your advice he could have been dead by today.

12. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Hearn is just a classless piece of ****.

His only interest is money.

Murderers' Row likes this.
  13. Bulldog24

Aug 2, 2013
    Highly unlikely. But that's boxing, you can be legally killed. That's why they're paid the money they are (from our wage packets). Not to ***** out.

14. Bulldog24

Aug 2, 2013
    That's what they sign up for.

15. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Amazing