R.I.P Jimmy 'Thunder' Peau - 3/2/66 - 13/2/20 - The man behind the fastest KO in history

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by kiwi_boxer, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Seriously. He starched Grimsley with literally the first punch thrown in the fight. Watched it live on USA back in the day, it was shocking.

2. GoldenHulk

GoldenHulk Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 7, 2007
    I remember watching him back in the 90's on USA's Tuesday Night Fights, sorry to hear of his passing. One thing about Jimmy, he wasn't boring and was a fan friendly fighter.

3. BoJangles

BoJangles Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Rather watch guys really fight like Thunder did and lose a few than watch guys like Wlad and Joshua who are scared to get their glass heads shattered so they fight safety first boring fights unless they can tenderize their opponents enough to feel safe to go for the KO and not get hit back, I rather watch fat guys play golf than watch Joshua run around in circles jabbing his way to a boring azz points victory...

Smokin Bert and lloydturnip like this.
  4. paulonorcatto

paulonorcatto New Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2011
    This content is protected

The author of that wikipedia article seemingly hasnt watched the actual ko. The referee actually carries on counting despite the guy being knocked out. The two williams ko's on the video have the referee wave off the contest earlier than the Thunder fight.