Racism

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Sheffield Steel, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    i doubt Mitchels fans no the difference. my friend was there said it was all the Stoke guys. there is a problem with racism up North.

2. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    I dont think thats the case "a problem with it up North" , safe to say there are problems everywhere with it. I'd be more inclined to say the problem here is that Lawtons "home" fans are a large contingent of the Stoke Hooligan firm "the norty forty".

3. albaneze

albaneze HAXHI - The new Champ Full Member

Jun 20, 2007
    I dont like Khan as a fighter.

But i dont ****ing like the Enlgish Fans against him for being full of shite...

The English everywhere they go in the world they do this kind of things, in football and lately also on the Greek Islands as tourists they just mess everything up.

Its so sad that the english society degenerating in this way.

Cheers

4. eddie007

eddie007 Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Shut up you complete and utter MUG.

5. NOrth

Oct 10, 2006
    Basically true though isnt it ?

6. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007
    I didn't realise how widespread a problem this is at boxing events.

This element would put me off going to see fights as although I'm a fan of the sport i'm not one for confrontation.

On the whole, football has cleaned up its act so perhaps its time boxing did the same if its this prevalent. I know celebrity intervention is no cure all but if high profile boxers were to lend their support to a campaign to stamp it out (as footballers did) these so called fans might think twice before tarnishing the sport.

On a lighter note, its disappointing that some Lawton fans were more up for a fight than he was on Saturday!

7. NOrth

Oct 10, 2006
    The abuse I witnessed at the kings hall made me feel uncomfortable for the very small minority of ethnic people in the audience, and even more so for a young fighter from derby (can only have been 18 or 19) who fought (and gave big problems to) Chris Edwards. As the hall is only small, and the offending individuals were a good 30-50 strong, and up on the balcony, it was very loud and very clear for long periods of the show. The abuse the young asian fighter received was disgusting.

But hey-ho. Tis the world we live in.

8. pijo

pijo Feed the Pope Full Member

Jul 28, 2007
    The two blokes arrested were fighting over vale and stoke(football) local rivals both from stoke-on-trent. Also khans fans were inciting it, mainly the younger asians.

9. NOrth

Oct 10, 2006
    Assume your a Lwton fan? Did you attend the Lawton Judex Meema fight?

10. rydersonthestorm

rydersonthestorm Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Stoke is in the midlands, not up north and the midlands and stafforshire area's are known for racism.

11. Sheffield Steel

Sheffield Steel New Member Full Member

Sep 8, 2007
    A few people have said that some of Khans Asian fans are racist, I haven't seen it but I don't dispute it either. I go along to support Amir because I love boxing and I appreciate his talents. I wonder how many of his Asian fans support him because they love the sport or because of his race.

12. NOrth

Oct 10, 2006
    I dont know enough about it, where is "known for it" , and where isnt. I would however argue that there is racism in every area of the UK. It's maybe more "known" in areas with a dense mixed race population as thats where there'd be more attacks ?

Regardless of where is known and where isnt, its not good is it. It should also be within the remit of police and stewards to chuck people who chant abuse out. It should also be printed in programmes and posters in the venue stating that ANY acts of racism will result in expulsion fomr the venue.

13. rydersonthestorm

rydersonthestorm Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 27, 2007
    It's funny how people go on about the asians being racist but i am white as white can be and have never been racialy abused by an asian, infact they have always treated me well whenever i have been in to wilmslow road, to the restraunts or cafe's even though i was the only white guy in there.

14. mann187

mann187 WTF is going on? Full Member

May 22, 2007
    Im Indian and live in Chesterfield which is pretty much 99% white and know that the mind set of most people here is still to accept that the word Paki is not offensive to asians, they assume its like calling someone aussie and still use the term paki shop.

Now the problem has cleared up a lot over the years but you do still get the typical hooligan type bloke that has nothing better to do than stir **** up with racist profanity.

But I also know that some asians like to provoke as well such as some of my cousins and some muslim friends, they generally live in asian populated areas. So basically where ever you go in England there is always gonna be this type of bull**** and while unfair to most fans who just come to enjoy boxing its always gonna be there to some degree.

End of the day Khans fans went home happier their man won and lawtons fans went away knowing that their man got beat. Anyway Lawton seems like a decent bloke as does Amir so that what really should be looked at.

15. timber

timber Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2005

mmmmmmm.........Wilmslow road,,,,,food...kebabs,buna,sheesh,lassi...lovely!!!!!!:tired

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.