Rampage Jackson vs Mauricio Shogun

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Dostoevsky, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky Hardcore......to the max! Full Member

Jun 17, 2007
    http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/shogun/video/xbkt3_a-shogun-vs-jacksonpride-gp-2005

Another good fight...Shogun dominates the current UFC light heavyweight champion. A lot of people make up bull**** excuses for Rampage, like how Shogun got lucky because he broke Jacksons ribs early.......yeah well I dont buy that, thats like saying "Rampage got lucky because he hit Liddell in the chin early"

This just showed how much of a force Shogun is, one of the best MMA fighters in the world today, He holds great wins over lil Nog,Arona,Overeem,Rampage and Randleman.
    I would really like to see him against Henderson,Sokoudjou,Liddell and possibly Wanderlei (maybe unlikely due to friendship)
    Put him against some B fighters like Tito,Jardine,Rashad and Alexander then that will run up a nice sheet of victories..........I heard he wants to move up to heavyweight and even spoke of fighting Fedor :huh
    Which would be an unwise move to me......but hes definitley talented enough to hang up there, not sure hes big enough though.

Can anyone think of an opponent that could defeat him?

2. alewaboy52

alewaboy52 Member Full Member

Sep 17, 2004
    i like how you threw ortiz in there as a B fighter, people would debate on that day in and day out but you know what, i agree with that 100% whether ortiz wins tonight or not i would have to consider him a B fighter at this point in his career i just dont see him ever being a legitimate contender for the title again

3. Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky Hardcore......to the max! Full Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Yup,
    He's a big name but the best win he's had in the last 6 years are probably Ken Shamrock and 2 of those fights were when Shamrock was shot to ****.

If he wins tonight i'll put him as a borderline A/B fighter.

4. boxingcar

boxingcar Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 5, 2005
    His fight vs shogun was a terrible loss...not as brutal as his loss against Wanderlei but He was totally owned in that one.
    At least He gave Wandy a good fight before getting KOed...