Rank These Six Boxers: Mosley, DLH, Trinidad, JMM, MAB and EM

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by asero, Apr 30, 2020.

Select your Top 2

This poll will close on Apr 30, 2030 at 10:30 PM.
  1. Marco Antonio Barrera

18 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. Juan Manual Marquez

30 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Oscar De La Hoya

38 vote(s)
    50.7%
  4. Tito Trinidad

12 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. Erik Morales

37 vote(s)
    49.3%
  6. Shane Mosley

9 vote(s)
    12.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Probably how i’d rank it. Morales has wins over MAB and Pac so that’s tough to beat.

I can’t put ODLH at 1, he simply don’t have 2 wins as good as those and even though he arguably won the Mosley and Tito fights. He was also naturally bigger than most of his opponents before WW.

Barrera’s win over Hamed and Morales can put him at 3, though it’s arguable JMM is here. JMM has that win over Pac and MAB but the MAB fight was close and MAB was supposed to be shot. JMM also had a habit of losing fights he’s suppose to win, Chris John, Bradley, Norwood. If you took the Pac fights away from his career, it looks just “good”, so he reminds me of a Ken Norton.

Under the assumption that Tito didn’t cheat, he’s above Mosley but it’s interchangeable either way.

2. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Trinidad’s legacy is not falling at all. He was a tremendous boxer puncher a thrilling fighter who gave so much to the game. He was an undefeated Long term Welterweight Champion of the world who took on and beat all comers. Unified the Light Middleweight Champion in beating undefeated excellent young champions in Fernando Vargas and David Reid. I for one miss him a lot to this day just as I miss Azumah Nelson. Great fighter, great champion and a great man.

Accurate and bigtime-skills like this.
  3. JabbaTheGut

JabbaTheGut Active Member Full Member

Sep 17, 2019
    1. Barrera
    2. De La Hoya
    3. Morales
    4. Marquez
    5. Mosley
    6. Trinidad

4. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Marquez
    Morrales
    Barrera
    Mosley
    Dela hoya
    Tímidas

I based on things like consistency in their careers Start to finish & wins against all time greats as well as head to head (when applicable)

5. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Marquez
    De La Hoya
    Morales
    Barrera
    Mosley
    Trinidad

All 6 are ATG fighters.

I actually have all of them as top 10 ATG fighters in their respective divisions (FW and WW)

6. hotspur77

hotspur77 New Member Full Member

Oct 5, 2013
  7. Juan carlos

Juan carlos Active Member Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Oscar de la hoya
    Márquez
    Morales
    Mosley
    Barrera
    Trinidad

8. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Marquez my favourite fighter but really don't know where to start with this lot.

All quality fighters.

Mexicans probably be my top 3 in any order.

9. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    ODH, fought and beat better opposition than Tito and Marquez and was a 6 division champ. 1 of only 2 fighters to do so. How can you consider the other guys great, but Oscar as only good?

10. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    5/6 - Shane Mosley/Trinidad
    4 - Marco Antonio Barrera
    3 - Erik Morales
    2 - Oscar de la Hoya
    1 - Juan Manuel Marquez

Bogotazo likes this.
  11. hotspur77

hotspur77 New Member Full Member

Oct 5, 2013
    This is too difficult. Every time I think about it I have a different sequence. But there are general trends. Mosley/ Tito trend downwards. Morales/Marquez trend upwards with ODLH potentially disrupting at both ends.

Ain’t got a scooby...

12. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Not having Oscar as one of your top two is just stupid. I added Erik Morales because I will never not vote for El Terrible.

13. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Barrera wins over Morales, Hamed and Marquez are better than Tito's and Marquez wins

14. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Because of the quality of opposition he faced. Initially when managed by Bob Arum and Top Rank they studiously avoided the toughest competition at several weight classes. By way of example the great Azumah Nelson was avoided and they fought for the WBO title against Johnny whats his name. Don King, Al Braverman and Azumah were keen to face him but Uncle Bob was not going to risk his cow cash against Azumah. That is a serious black mark in Oscar’s career. I don’t care how many titles you win that only tells part of the story the quality of opposition tells a lot. That is where I score him lower not just the losses but the level of performance dropped against stellar opposition like Ike Quartey, Trinidad, Hopkins, Mosley, Mayweather, Pacquiao and he studiously avoided Winky Wright and Vernon Forrest.

Braindamage likes this.
  15. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Ok, you make very good points! I see how you can place ODH below those guys. Makes sense!