Ray Mercer on the best he's ever faced....

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by ironchamp, Mar 2, 2021.

1. fists of fury

fists of fury Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    I always like Mercer. Big, strong, rugged tough ex army sergeant that he was. Can't think of what a better army sergeant would be than Mercer.
    Good fighter. (If a little lazy and inconsistent sometimes.)

2. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    What's not to like about Mercer ? A terrific, honest to goodness Fighter who could give any top Heavyweight from any era a hard, hard night.

Turnip mk3 likes this.
  3. Eddie Ezzard

Eddie Ezzard Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 19, 2016
    That really says it all and should have been the last post on the thread.

I don't normally like posts that are a bit aggressive - sorry Steak if this sounds a bit judgemental on you - but, really, Mendoza's disregarding the opinion of Mercer who actually fought the guys in favour of his own opinion based on his having seen the fights (his own proud boast, that, please note. Not my editing.) deserves no less.

Sorry to say @Mendoza but you've spouted a load of c0ckwomble - as per - on this thread and you've fully merited the rinsing you are getting.

4. AwardedSteak863

AwardedSteak863 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 16, 2018
    Thanks for the post. I agree that I probably came out a little to strong in my reply. I guess I am just getting cranky in my old age and his comments just touched a nerve. I will be more mindful in the future with my replies. The last thing that I want is to be perceived as an aggressive a-hole that is not capable of a proper discussion.

5. Eddie Ezzard

Eddie Ezzard Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Not at all, mate. It was a great post and was a totally appropriate response to the walliness that was being spouted. I thought you were quite restrained.

It's not like you always jump down people's throats. This particular poster is particularly exasparating. His level of self-certainty flies in the face of the flimsy evidence he presents to back it up.

JohnThomas1 likes this.
  6. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Interesting! What was this fighters' name if you don't mind my asking?