RDJ's Training Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by RDJ, Dec 13, 2008.

1. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Yes.

2. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Fri Sep 24

25 mile cycle.

Nothing else, shoulder hurts and I feel sluggish.

3. sam1222

sam1222 **** You. Full Member

Mar 1, 2009

That was a ****ing good answer.

that half hour of skipping would bore me to death though :D

Why not carry the bike and run the last mile? on the return journey i mean, just to make it interesting :D

4. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    I was glad someone offered me a ride on the return journey. Twenty five or so pounds of equipment, plus about the same for the bike, no thanks ;)

I really like jump rope, it never bores me. Until I break a sweat it's no fun but when the sweat pours it's like dancing to me. I'm a white man so I can't dance, but I like skipping :D

5. sam1222

Mar 1, 2009
    Nah mate, running with 50lbs of equipment is my kind of fun haha

I'd still have to break that skipping time up tho, but horses for courses i guess.

How's the boxing going?

6. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    It's going well, despite the fact that I lost a close fight last Sunday. Another fight coming up in Rotterdam in two weeks and then a month later in Germany. Still a few more months of fighting left man, I'm enjoying it while I still can.

7. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Sat Sep 25

25 mile cycle

Another rest day as far as boxing is concerned, I don't want to re-injure the shoulder.

8. sam1222

Mar 1, 2009

Nice one mate, good luck with the fights. you've got my respect for staying active and fighting as much as you can, its the best way aint it. you seem to have taken the loss in your stride too, so hat's off to you for that too. win some, lose some right, don't let it **** with your head.

You turned pro yet? may as well be getting paid for it mate, and from the couple vids ive seen of your fights, i'd say you'd have few problems joining the pro ranks.

where in germany are you fighting? ive got a cousin over there in the army at the min.

9. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    It wasn't my first loss mate, and it was a close enough decision to not feel completely shitty. I wasn't beat up or anything. It was simply my own fault for being too hesitant, and I will learn from this. The guy I fought is a good boxer with a confusing style but I can take him if I fight like I did in the third round.

I'm not turning pro ever, it doesn't really attract me. There are a few more months of fighting left so I'll enjoy those first, but after that it's probably just sparring for me.

I'm fighting in Osnabrück, at an event called the Teuto Box Cup. First there's Rotterdam though :)

10. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Rotterdam is definitive, opponent is known as well. Forgot to update my log but training has been good last week.

11. Primadonna Kool

Primadonna Kool Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    What Multi-vitamin do you take...?

12. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Had my last fight ever in late October 2010, kept on training for about a month and then got depressed. Didn't train for about three months, lived like a total lunatic. Alcohol, smoking, bad food, no sports, etc. Climbed out of the mental darkness, and I just had my first short training session at the gym. Did about 50 minutes of work, high paced but could not keep it up for longer. Back again tomorrow, the fridge is packed with healthy stuff and I'm sick of being weak.

13. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Who cares? One packed with synthetic vitamins, I bet. It's just a supplement.

14. Mohak

Mohak RIP Smokin' Joe Full Member

Nov 6, 2005

Welcome back to the world mate. :good

15. Bog Cleaner

Bog Cleaner Active Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Calzaghe and Hatton had meltdowns - quite a normal reaction.