reccomend me some bag gloves plz

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Brandon Robinson, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Brandon Robinson

Brandon Robinson New Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Alright so our gym is poor, and our trainer supplies gloves but they are really old gloves, some of them are like over 20 years old, and well im sick of hand pain and my hands shaking after ever session so i think it's time to bite the bullet and get some gloves

Firstly what size gloves should i use? I'm 78 atm but i got lazy and fat, can't spar atm, but by the time ill be sparring again ill be back at 72 ish, so what size gloves should i be wearing for the bags? I spar in 16s, i was thinking for the bag/pads i should get something a little closer to fighting gloves, maybe 14s? Maybe even 12s?

So pricing, im not poor or anything but im def not quite as rich as my mates, anyway the cheaper the better, but i'd also like some proper decent gloves, the max id like to go is 150 aud (100 usd) but if all the gloves at that price are gonna be chit i can maybe extend it to 200 aud (135 usd)

cliffs
    - recommend me bag gloves
    - what weight gloves (weigh 78 will be at 72
    - price less the better but i want em to be good

thanks guys.

2. Pat M

Pat M Active Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2017
    We've had good luck with Rival equipment. https://rivalboxing.us/collections/gloves-bag-gloves/products/rb1
    You might find them cheaper at Title or somewhere else, but these are less than $100.00 U.S. It might be a good idea to use 12 ounce bag gloves, then you will get used to smaller gloves and won't feel so open when you fight in smaller gloves. If you want to spend a little more, look for something made of leather, it'll probably last longer than the others. If you are going to be working out by yourself, you might want to check how the glove fastens around your wrist, some of them are difficult to fasten by yourself.

3. Brandon Robinson

Brandon Robinson New Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2019

Hey thanks mate, i was looking at those gloves u recommended and i saw these ones https://rivalboxing.com.au/collections/bag-gloves/products/rb10?variant=23335895859281

i know they are a fair bit outta the price range i said but the reviews seem really nice, if i was gonna spend a bit more, any gloves ud recommend like leather like u said? Cause id assume their would be other ones that would compete with gloves like this.

4. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    So you rate Rival? Criminally underrated brad, IMHO.