Recommend some good gloves for me

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ace_mdrgn, Sep 13, 2007.

1. ace_mdrgn

ace_mdrgn New Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Hello there,

I have recently purchased a slam man punch bag. Its great fun, but I find I'm doing some serious damage to my knucklebones when I hit it at full power using the gloves they supplied.

I've tried using handwraps which I find irritating having to put on everytime I just want to hit the thing for 2 minutes and I still find I'm doing some damage to my hands even with the wraps.

Could anyone recommend some gloves I might but which would allow me to hit it as hard as I like without having to worry about my hands.

I wanted to check here to make sure that new gloves could make a significant difference before forking out £50 on a new pair or whether the slam man is just a badly designed product which is not sufficiently padded to hit hard.

I'm from the UK so gloves sold by UK based websites would be best.

Thanks for your help.

2. rayrayv123

rayrayv123 Active Member Full Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Ringside gloves are good.

3. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
  4. ace_mdrgn

Feb 18, 2007
    I don't know that much about the different types available, I presume Sparring gloves are designed to offer the most protection?

Also I guess the heavier the glove weight the greater the protection?

Could you give me a link to a pair you think would be suitable for me so I can get an idea what I should be looking for.

Thanks

5. rayrayv123

rayrayv123 Active Member Full Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Ringsides sparring gloves offer great hand protection....I'm sure www.ringside.com will siut you best.14 or 16 oz. will give you the best hand protction also.

6. PJD3

PJD3 Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I have had a pair of Reyes 16 oz sparring gloves for maybe 8 years and they are still holding up. The thumbs are starting crack a little but other than that, every punch I land I felt the most bang without ever injuring anything. They are long cuff on the wrist for for good support well balanced and have the most padding on the over the knuckle plus the thumb is thightly attached to the side knuckle so the thumb never catches ( I had that happen with my cusins grant gloves, and man that hurt like a mother fukr!) They have held up extremely well even when soaked completely with sweat and water.:bbb
    But I will say this, personally Jesus "El' Matador" Chavez (that champ is a hell of banger :boxxon the heavy bag! ) He switched from Reyes to Missom thats not the write spelling, the are from Japan I believe. He said they give him more support and padding with without any worring of springing or busting anything from throwing a funning punch, but they cost a bit more than Reyes and are bit harder to find.
    Reyes were my frist gloves and only gloves.:good

7. ace_mdrgn

Feb 18, 2007
  8. yesihavearm

yesihavearm Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2007
  9. lefthook31

lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jul 6, 2007
    Ringside bag gloves with velcro. Work the best, and you have to wrap your hands, or your going to mess them up. You should put a good solid wrap around your knuckles.

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Try the Winning gloves, they're pretty popular. Every fighter with brittle hands use it, e.g. Floyd.