***Rees-Murray / Kessler-Bouadla / Froch-Johnson / NO SPOILERS / RBR Bonanza!***

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by WalletInspector, Jun 4, 2011.

1. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I thought Rees looked class last night, a great performance.

2. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    frochs cv beats any supermiddle weight imo the guy just knows no fear, it is worrying how slow he starts fights though imo

3. WalletInspector

WalletInspector Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jan 1, 2010
    Did you watch the last 4 rounds?

4. widdy

widdy lancs,where real men live Full Member

Aug 19, 2008
    rees was fubar in those last rounds. also how the **** is the irish lad murray unbeaten,even watching him on the pads before the fight,his 1x2 hook was **** poor:bbb

im a fan of froch,like him(and his mrs:tdh)but he ****s me off big time with his no show fights,i actually agreed with watt most of the way through,he was giving johnson way to much time to unload,i don't think johnson is anywhere near the force he was,still a workhorse no doubt,but i thought froch made him look to good,made way to much hard work of it.

i reckon he was drawing ward into a false sense of security:bart:D

5. NO MAS

NO MAS Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Rees was blowing like a Shire Horse in the last 4 rounds...:yep

Lockett needs to get him into a boot camp on his fitness and stamina, still looks fleshy too...:yep

Boxing skills and experience are there, Rees is putting uneccesary miles on the clock when has to work even harder to get through them...:yep

I think Lockett has freshened him up and can get his stamina sorted if Rees wants too...:good

6. cheekyvid

cheekyvid Detroit, I shall return. Full Member

Nov 4, 2009

I never saw the fight live, avoided the result, downloaded and scored it myself, without any shoddy sky commentary so ive no idea what they said but I scored it 117-111 Froch. I could only give GJ 3 rounds and am stunned reading some of the comments in this RbR...Johnson ahead late in the fight? mental.
    Froch swept rounds 4-7 and 9-12(clearly). I dunno how many on here had a drink? Carl was not on top form but still found a way to win.
    That fight was the definition of a close but clear wide UD, something i made a thread on once
    http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273430

Of course I know it was an MD...not a UD but you get the idea...

7. Jonsey

Jonsey Boxing Junkie banned

May 17, 2011
    I had it 117-111

8. Scottrf

Scottrf Boxing Addict Full Member

May 1, 2010
    What's worse is the belt should be in the hands of Martinez. There's no reason he shouldn't be holding it, except they wanted to make a belt vacant to hand to Jr. Now he may be fighting for it as challenger! WBC are a joke.

9. MagicMan91

MagicMan91 The Main Event Mafia Full Member

Dec 26, 2009
    That's an ESB alias username in waiting if I ever saw one :deal