Rees V M'Baye........

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Taffyy, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Taffyy

Taffyy Active Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Any local lads going to be having a look at this one in June..........???

2. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    I'll be an interested TV viewer, but I dont give Gav much of a chance. M'baye is no great shakes, but he's got too much in the locker for Gav (IMO)

3. Taffyy

Mar 6, 2006
    I was speaking to gav about a fortnight ago........He see's this as his big opportunity .......... Some of his scrapes outside of boxing have'nt helped Gav but he certainly has his mind set right for this one.........A big ask for him but I'm hoping he can suprise alot of people........

4. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    M'baye is a bit of a shocking titlist but the odds are horridly against Rees size-wise and competition-wise. Would be great if he pulled it off but it seems so unlikely.

5. Taffyy

Mar 6, 2006
    I have to agree China but he's been given a chance & he'll give it his all.........I just wish him all the best.......

6. NOrth

Oct 10, 2006
    Yeah, hope he gies it his all, and if anyone can pull ti off its enzo Cal (that is who rees is training with for this one isnt it?). However, his record is very deceiving and he's about two weights higher than he should be.

7. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    If Rees wins then Enzo Calzaghe will become a training god!

8. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Agreed.

9. jc

jc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Gotta go with Mbaye aswel...hope Gav can do it though...

10. PrideOfWales

PrideOfWales Winston Zedmore Full Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rees is a local Newbridge boy and has been trained by Enzo his whole career. The same goes for Bradley Pryce.

11. NOrth

Oct 10, 2006
    Aye, thought that was the case. ANy news on Macarinellis nephew (OR is it copusin) going pro?

12. Taffyy

Mar 6, 2006
    Alright pride.......Are you going to the fight mate......???..........Its only down the road for us.....

13. UndisputedUK

UndisputedUK Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 20, 2006
    It's a huge opportunity for Rees against a weakish WBA champion. But,weak at 140lbs not at 130lbs, which Rees has campaigned at.
    He has nothing to beat M'Baye with, no size, speed, weight, power advantages which would make a win for him seem extraordinary.
    It's his stage however and being Welsh, I hope he wins. :smooch

If he were to win, a big fight with Amir Khan would surely be made within a few months, because Kotelnik would beat him in his first defence.