Referee ruined parker vs joshua fight

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by guncho, Jun 2, 2019.

1. The Townsend

The Townsend Zeus. Full Member

Mar 21, 2019
    Then Parker's team should have had a plan B and not rely on fighting on the inside when they realized the ref wouldn't allow it.

Why waste 12 rounds moaning to the ref when they could have used the remainder of the other rounds to focus on plan B.

Lesson learnt.

2. guncho

guncho next champion! Full Member

Oct 15, 2007
    No i thaught ref ruined the fight when it happened and took parkers only chance to win, make it closer fight on cards.

But now seeing how he was kod by ruiz i think parker could have found his jaw aswell and actualy did hurt joshua couple times.
    At that time none knew josh could be hurt like that even aginst ruiz there was feeling he would recover like he did aginst wlad.

I actually had that fight 116-112 joshua so it was close imo but not close enought to win in England aginst josh. Lots of close rounds aswell

3. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Yep - lesson learned.

AJ is vulnerable. GO AFTER HIM

4. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    I scored the fight a Draw and am vocal about it. 5 of the first 6 to Parker, 5 of the last 6 to Joshua... However, I felt the quick breaking wasn't that big of a deal (I have yet to rewatch the fight since it was live). Sometimes it happened as Joshua looked about to load up himself (not that Joshua does that in close range well, but still). Plus, Parker did his work closing the gap getting in range, but seldom looked to throw combinations or attempt to bully once he got there. Ultimately, it was Parker who faded down the stretch...

5. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006