**Regarding the Heavyweights: who is the man...regardless?**

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Orishaman, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Orishaman

Orishaman I tell it like it is.... Full Member

Aug 5, 2004
    At this point it is ludicrous to speak of HW unifications with everyone pulling for themselfs...Wladdy has been the busier, avenging demons from the past, yet...not really taking any chances against the top of the list, except Peter who he fought nearly 2 years ago and for what I seen he is a much improved custome and in line for the WBC titlist!!

Now, with all the top Euro;s and Peter who is the man..what we will learn from the Peter fight...is he the man...can we honestly say that Wlady will need to address him one more time?

2. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    :happy Evander Holyfield !!!! YEAH ....:happy :happy

3. TheGoldenBoy#1

TheGoldenBoy#1 Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Wlad is the man. No matter what you say about him Brewster was/is a monster puncher who d already humiliated Wlad so fair play to him for taking him out.

That said, he has not fully consolidated his position as the man. If Peter grabs the WBC belt there s a definite arguement that they should tustle again. That said Peter most certainly will not overtake klitschko simply by beating maskaev.

4. mykolakozak

mykolakozak Active Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2006
    I want to see old bro give it his last. I want to see Wlad become more aggressive, and I want to see better match-ups. Virchis, Dimitrenko, Liakhovitch

5. box03

box03 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Peter is the number one guy to beat Wlad for good reason, he has power, good chin, and can possibably get Wlad into dog fight with him. Peter might be the only fighter out there that could bring the fight to Wlad, thats hope this fight happens in 08.

6. standing 8

standing 8 Active Member Full Member

Sep 9, 2007
    I agree with most of your comments, however the Brewster rematch was very lame. It's hard not to look good when your opponent isn't fighting back.

If Peter does indeed defeat Maskaev they should most definately set up a Klitschko / Peter rematch at some point in the new year.

7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Anyone who doesn't say Wlad is ****ing nuts or doesnt know his boxing.

8. TheGoldenBoy#1

TheGoldenBoy#1 Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Also everybody says how much Peter has come on since the fight. I think Klitschko has come on quite a bit too. Far more comfortable with the Steward style now.

Deffo should be made if Peter has the belt to entice Wlad.

9. rodney

rodney Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Joe Mesi ???????

10. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Wlad-Peter II, in my opinion, is the best potential fight in the heavyweight division and I suspect they'll inevitably cross paths again.

However, there is no doubt that Wlad is the top dog. Peter is second best, and there are several fighters I'd put on a third tier below those two.

11. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    wlad is the man, for now. if peter gets by maskaev, wlad should rematch him. when peter loses to wlad again, that should be the end of that hype job, but for some reason i think his fans will have some ready made excuses.

12. Rumsfeld

Jul 19, 2004
    "IF"?

I'm not one to ordinarily make bold predictions (except jokingly) but I am convinced that Peter will knock Oleg out barring some freaky occurance.

I like Maskaev, but he's gonna get knocked the **** out.

13. T.S.

T.S. T.Stout Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    I don't see anyone beating Wlad Klitschko in the next two years.
    I expect Vitali to stay retired forever.
    The next great Heavyweight of the future is Alexander Povetkin.

14. Rumsfeld

Jul 19, 2004
    I suspect Wlad will lose to a most unlikely foe in the next three years. But he is by and far the best.

15. T.S.

T.S. T.Stout Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    It continues to amaze me how little respect Maskaev gets! It's got to be his age. What fans forget is how hard he hits (Rahman can verify) and his dedication. He is a focused dedicated pro. I think Peter might be over training and over confident. I heard the same reasons Oleg was going to get KO'd by Rahman. It's Deja Vu all over again.
    I'm betting Oleg by late rnd TKO with Peter taking the first few rnds but DROPPING near the end.
    V-cash here I come