Request for anyone who watches Frazier-Foreman I or Douglas-Tyson

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by hobgoblin, Jun 26, 2007.

1. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Hi guys: A request for anyone who watches either of these two fights in the future on youtube.

Frazier-Foreman: Can someone count the number of left hooks Frazier lands / attempts on Foreman during those 2 rounds? I'll bet the accuracy is high. I had sporadically counted at least 12 left hooks. The fight was somewhat competitive it is just that Foreman's granite chin made it look like nothing (whereas those 12 hooks could have been 12 different KOs against lesser fighters). Foreman said he was hurt during that fight (but how hurt?).

Tyson - Douglas: Can someone give a count of how many jabs Tyson slipped? I think we can get this data from Compubox. I'd imagine the percentage is very low as Douglas was throwing 50 a round which is way too much for sporadic bobbing weaving and reflexes alone to handle. This was actually a great fight and more competitive than one sees on the surface.

These numbers will prove to be interesting. I am always reluctant to watch these two fights because (1) it is sad to see Joe Frazier like that (2) I don't like watching Douglas school one of my favorites.