Resto-Collins Documentary Question

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Fares S., Jul 21, 2021.

1. Fares S.

Fares S. New Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2021
    Has anyone else watch the 'Assault in the Ring' documentary? About the Luis Resto vs Billy Collins jr. fight that took place in 1983.

2. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Yeah, they used to show it on HBO a lot.

3. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Bye for now! banned Full Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Name of your sex tape.

4. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    I remember coming away surprised how sympathetic I felt toward Resto, and hating Panama Lewis even more than I did heading in.

Jel and Fares S. like this.
  5. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
  6. Fares S.

Fares S. New Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2021
    Resto deserved some of the blame but i can agree with the sense of sympathy for the guy. He was manipulated by Panama the whole time and it never ended. Even 25 years after the fight when Luis went to confront him in Miami the controlling tactics of Panama never let up.. So many Victims in the documentary.

7. BitPlayerVesti

BitPlayerVesti Boxing Drunkie Full Member

Oct 28, 2017
    You have to be careful as film is really good at making you believe a narrative

ecto55 likes this.
  8. sweetsci

sweetsci Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 22, 2008
    I rewatched the Collins - Resto fight again recently. I was amazed that no one caught that Resto's gloves had been altered during the fight. It seemed obvious on the YouTube video, albeit with the power of hindsight. But still, the referee didn't catch it, ringside officials didn't catch it, ringside commentators Jake and Vikki LaMatta (!!!) didn't catch it (though they were more into the atmosphere and event)...

Fares S. likes this.