Reverse a loss from any fighter that would have the biggest impact on thier legacy

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by ironchamp, Sep 7, 2007.

1. DrederickTatum

DrederickTatum We really outchere. Full Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Felix Trinidad vs B-Hop has gotta be worth a mention.

If by some divine grace he was able to reverse the beatdown B-Hop put on him, it would've been his most impressive win IMO.

Would've topped off a résumé that looks pretty nice on paper, victories over:

Oscar De Le Hoya
    Pernell whittaker
    Hector Camacho
    William Joppy
    Fernando Vargas
    and some fairly notable omissions.

3 weight world champion.

Add B-Hop to that, and that is very good résumé on paper. Falls apart on closer inspection.

But, on paper, it looks alright.

I'm not saying it would make him anything close to an ATG, but his name would at least pop up more in these shitshow H2H threads.

2. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    I always think of Rudkin when I see posts extolling Rose and Harada. Both seen as hometown decisions at the time.

3. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Duran gets DQ'd against Buchanan. Ken goes on to make 4 more defences and retires a millionaire. Not bitter and twisted, Ken celebrates 50 years of marriage and enjoys his status as the Godfather of British Boxing.

4. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    I do not know if this counts, but if the late great Salvador Sanchez had not been tragically killed in 1982, the fights that could have happened, especially against another late great fighter, Alexis Arguello. What about the first Vito Antuofermo vs Marvelous Marvin Hagler fight on Nov 30 1979, if Vito had pulled off an unlikely victory. And lastly, if on Feb 25 1964, Cassius Clay did not answer the bell for round 5, against Sonny Liston, in Miami Beach, Florida, due to his blindness, claiming this was the fault of the underworld. And The Nation Of Islam had also suspected this. Would The Nation Of Islam have sought some degree of vengeance? Or Cassius Clay's career might have ended.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    DrederickTatum likes this.
  5. Richard M Murrieta

Jul 16, 2019
    Possible, great post.

6. Sting like a bean

Sting like a bean Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Frazier-Foreman II seems like a really, really good candidate to me. Tyson-Douglas seems like another, or for that matter Tyson-Holyfield.

7. Sting like a bean

Sting like a bean Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    I'm surprised you wouldn't mention Oscar-Paq in this context. That is is far and away the most perplexingly one-sided fight I've ever seen. (Not the most one-sided, just the most perplexingly so.)

8. Amos-san

Amos-san Member Full Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Hamed vs Barrera and Spinks vs Tyson - the worst cases of Fights, which hurt Naseem's and Michael's legacies in eyes of fans (not in my eyes. It's just was observed)

9. andrewe

andrewe Ezekiel 33 banned Full Member

Mar 13, 2020
    Floyd Mayweather VS Zab Judah

Zab would be a household name if he was the only person to beat Mayweather, in fact anyone that Mayweather fought would become a household name by beating him.

10. Rope-a-Dope

Rope-a-Dope Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Spinks beating Tyson
    Duran beating Leonard in the second fight
    Arguello beating Pryor
    Jeffries beating Johnson

Any of those would have been huge changes to the history of the sport.

andrewe and Richard M Murrieta like this.
  11. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Interesting take but there's be one very heavy cloud hanging over his future - a Duran rematch!!!!

12. Titan1

Titan1 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Leon Spinks wins the rematch with Ali, and enjoys another 7 to 8 months of championship reign.

13. Richard M Murrieta

Jul 16, 2019
    Imagine that, good post.

14. GoldenHulk

GoldenHulk Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 7, 2007
    This is gonna be funny but Golota vs Ruiz. I'm no Golota fan but I think he got screwed royally. Ruiz did rally down the stretch, but Golota's 2 knockdowns and Ruiz being penalized a point still should have gotten him the decision in a fight where there was more cliching than punching. Golota should today be able to say that he held the WBA heavyweight belt, although briefly because Brewster destroyed him in his next fight.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  15. GoldenHulk

GoldenHulk Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 7, 2007
    A close second would be Norton getting the decision over Holmes. Kenny was a far more popular fighter and never got a proper championship reign despite whipping Ali in their 3rd fight. It would be nice if he got a little gift, and reigned into 1979 at least.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.