Rewatched Canelo - Kovalev

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Levook, May 23, 2022.

1. Levook

Levook Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    I thought maybe I was being harsh on Kov and his performance in this fight but no, truth is truth, he threw the fight. He was putting nothing on his punches. It appeared as if he wasn't trying at all.

In light of the rigged cards in the Bivol fight, I just had to post this. I've been watching boxing for 50 yrs and have never seen a fighter so obviously protected. It is just flat out blatant and right in everyone's face, and is extremely disrespectful to both the unfortunate opponents, and us the fans.

2. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Lmao. This is obvious bro.

They will tell you he had a short camp and an alcoholic, despite beating the shite out of hard hitting cruiser prospect Yarde with his jab alone.

All that so called context doesn't account for why he didn't fully extend his arms for 99% of his punches, put zero intent on his punches, from round 1 to round 11..throughout the whole damn fight. Not to mention pulling punches throughout. All against a guy who wasn't knocking any good guys out at 154lber and who had went up TWO damn weight classes to fight Kovalev.

He was literally not trying to win, there was no element of being scared of counterpunching, nor was there any element of him trying to reserve his energy. Canelos former opponent Trout called it an outright fix lmao

Canelo is smart enough to know Kovalev was going very easy on him.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  3. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I thought of you when I read this topic. I think you found your soulmate Q lol.

Toney F*** U and IsaL like this.
  4. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    I must have loads of soul mates then because there a **** load of people who believe that shite was fixed.

ShovelHook, exocet76, Rilz and 2 others like this.
  5. Levook

Aug 26, 2020
    It's the in-your-face aspect of it that gets me the most, and I wonder if there would've been an investigation or something, had this happened, say, 50 yrs ago?

Quina74 likes this.
  6. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    I doubt it. It was so obvious I was stunned. Really couldn't believe what bs I was seeing.

Clowns will claim its ridiculous to think it was a fix. Despite fixes and blatant suspected as fixes (Wilder Scott, Wardley Lartey) having happened before. Despite, blatantly corrupt scorecards every other week. Despite, countless instances of refs being dodgy. Not to mention all the other dodgy antics that often occur behind the scenes.

Reinhardt and Levook like this.
  7. znalniaskas

znalniaskas Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    On the other hand it only took one body punch from Yarde to hurt him badly and maby of the so called lowblows in the 2nd fight with Ward were just normal body punches who hurt him badly. I can see why he was extra cautious and on his bike vs a known body puncher like Canelo.

8. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    Yarde hits harder than Canelo. Much harder. He is a ****ing cruiserweight masquerading as a LHW.

Canelo knocked out no one at 160 or 154 (bar chinny 140lber Khan and Nobody Kirkland). He went up TWO weight classes not one, Two to fight Kovalev . And you're telling me Kovalev was scared of the counterpunches...okk

9. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Just like in every other walk of society when you get to the top echelons of any profession you will find things are fixed & contrived somewhat.. that's the reality of the world but most people can't see it.. we live in a fake world, freemasonry runs the show

Toney F*** U and Quina74 like this.
  10. znalniaskas

znalniaskas Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Yarde also fights like an idiot and tries to be a lot slicker than he actually is. The point is, at that point Kovalev's body wasn't able to take any punishment.

11. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    I believe that "fight"was rigged....and also his match wit Chavez Jr ( a sparing "contest "at best )

Reinhardt and Quina74 like this.
  12. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Kovalev got beaten up 60 days prior and should not have even been cleared to fight.

Canelo timed and cherry picked him

Canelo is a ginger midget with no merit. Should have stuck to fighting Khan's of the world.

Levook likes this.
  13. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    At 154, he knocked out Jose Cotto, Luciano Leonel Cuello, Carlos Baldomir, Ryan Rhodes, Alfonso Gomez, Kermit Cintron, Josesito Lopez, Alfredo Angulo, and Liam Smith with a brutal body shot.

14. Levook

Aug 26, 2020
    Yeah, but regardless of the prior fight, he was putting hardly anything on most of his power shots, and forget the jab - I wouldn't even dignify it by calling it a jab. My cat has a harder jab than that :boxing1

15. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    both ggg fights were aswell.