Rib Injury

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Jay971, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Jay971

Jay971 New Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Had few hard sparring rounds last week and took some hard right hooks to the body. Had some bruising around the left side of my ribs. The bruishing has now gone but the pain has moved from the side where I got hit to the front of the ribs underneath the pectoral muscle.

Im finding this a little strange because I did not take any punches there. I have had rib injuries in the past but the pain has never moved location like this before. Cant train or do much at the moment as its too painful. I have not had any medical advice yet as normally they cannot do much for bruished ribs. Anyone else experience anything like this before?

2. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    You have glass ribs.

RIP.

3. Jay971

Jay971 New Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2012
    If your not going to give a genuine response then dont respond at all.

4. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    This content is protected

mirexxa likes this.
  5. Africana

Africana New Member Full Member

Oct 21, 2019
    Rather have a professional person give you advice and treatment. I would suspect you will be out of normal training a good week or two but patience is the big word. Sitting wit a miniscus tear reapired and walk with difficulty and it drives me up the wall! Good luck with the injury.

Jay971 likes this.
  6. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I have persistent rib issues that I think were developed mostly from a car accident that I did physical therapy for. I started sparring a year later and without fail a body shot would come to the right side of my body and I'd feel a ripping pain. My ribs never bruised and I never went to the doctor but there was some swelling and pain from moving and contact. I would take sparring off and usually a day or two and ice it. The problem persisted for a while until I started strength training the area. I think the important thing is finding out if it is the muscle or the bone that is the problem. I started doing breathing exercises to work the muscles between the ribs and started doing basic chest exercises with cables, dumbbells and body weight

The last time I sparred I took a hard left hook and the pain was back but instead of it lasting weeks it only lasted a day.