Ricardo "El Matador" Antonio Mayorga Pérez...has ended his retirement

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Apr 4, 2019.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    This weekend, the Nicaraguan former two-division champion is scheduled to box a 6-rounder @ light heavyweight in Guatemala City, the hometown of his opponent, Lester Normandy Martínez Tut, who is making his professional debut. :dunno Mayorga celebrated his 46th birthday last month.

Mayorga is coming off two consecutive stoppage losses, against Rodolfo Gómez Jr. and Russian southpaw Andrey Vitalievich Sirotkin last year and in 2017, respectively. (click their names for the RBR threads if you are either a Mayorga hater, or a fan of his but a glutton for masochistic punishment :ohno)

Martínez is a complete unknown, although he did participate in the AIBA World Championships at least once, in 2015, in the 69kg weight class (where he tied for last in a field of 17).

I really hope this is just because Mayorga can't shake the fighting bug, and not because he is still, years later, dealing with the fallout after having been one among Don King's manifold pawns/victims. (up there with his most severely exploited proportionate to how much cash was made off him, with DKP even suing a past-prime Mayorga when he tried moonlighting in MMA to earn a side income).

Somachenko likes this.
  2. BoxingPurest

BoxingPurest Active Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Is this April Fools again? Please don't come back you already made boxing look bad by your disgraceful mma bouts please stay retired!

IntentionalButt likes this.
  3. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    SO long as he can take fights like this, more power to him. But NO major title shots whatsoever!

4. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I think many predicted this after his previous retirement and the latest. One of these guys you will see entering the ring past 50.

5. ZablieJudahnoff

ZablieJudahnoff Charleston White 2024 Full Member

Apr 2, 2015
    This is sad and will probably not end very well for him. When a guy like him, who loved to fight, retires it is for a reason.
    He is done, no amount of pre workout espresso and Marl Reds will bring him back.

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    ...getting blasted out by nobodies. :xqw

7. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Oh boy might be ggg next opponent....

Ph33rknot likes this.
  8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    GGG leaped up to LHW?

9. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    He probably will...

10. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    mayorga has no pride left in himself and must need the money more than he needs his self respect

not that i particulary care
    i am in the do not like camp when it comes to mayorga and his antics

11. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Maidana vs Mayorga!
    Quien es el mero pero!?

Ph33rknot, NoNeck and IntentionalButt like this.
  12. Somachenko

Somachenko The Matador Team Full Member

Jan 6, 2018
    I hate absolutely everything about it. I’m pretty sure he is fighting because of the Don King situation and not because he loves fighting which makes it even worse. I almost hope he’s getting paid to take a dive because it’s hard to watch him take knockout after knockout loss from nobodies. I’ll definitely be tuning in tomorrow but I’ll be watching through my fingers.

It’s such a travesty that the Nicaraguan commission tried to sanction the promoter (Pinolero Promotions who are based in Nicaragua) and have the bout cancelled, but I’m not sure they’re really able to do anything about it since it’s taking place in Guatemala

13. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I don’t think I can watch him at the stage. I want to remember the cigarette smoking tough guy that made me root and roar for him.

14. greynotsoold

greynotsoold Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    He was cheated by King but, in dealing with other promoters, he made sure he got off first. When he fought in Oklahoma City in 2014, he told the promoter that he needed a car to get around in the days leading up to the fight. The guy loaned Mayorga a car and Mayorga sold it.

15. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    one of my favorite "fighters"

Bustajay likes this.