Ricards Bolotniks: The Hidden Latvian Assassin-The Riga Road Warrior-The Fly In The Ointment.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Jan 7, 2020.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Ricards Bolotniks born 03-24-1990 is a Light Heavyweight with a 18-5-1 8 KO's, 3 KO losses record. Born in an fighting out of Riga, Latvia. It's not very often that someone who most seemed to think wasn't exceptional to begin with, who had already seeming settled into his role of being a road warrior journeyman, to all of a sudden find his groove as he's nearing thirty and have a breakout year. Yet that's exactly what Ricards managed to do. He's been fluctuating between Light Heavyweight and Cruiserweight his whole career, until finally settling at 200 around 2015, with somewhat mixed results. He beat a few bums, until sharing the ring with Micki Nielsen, who he lost to via a damn close SD, that many thought he should have won, including myself. Encouraged by his success against Nielsen, he decided to take a fight against the incredibly talented and slick South African Thabiso Mchunu, who recently schooled Lebedev and was stopped by him in the 6th round.

So he decided enough of this, I'll give 175 another go, and its looking like that may very well have been an excellent decision. Because in 2019, in the proper weight division, he ended up having his breakout year. He started 2019 off by winning a MD over fellow journeyman the teak tough Patrick Mendy, he followed that win up by taking on another tough nut in Gasan Gasanov, who does lose a lot, but only to the best the division has to offer, Ricards beat the **** out of him in a low level FOTY contender. He followed that up by challenging the unbeaten and pretty talented Belorussian Sergei Ekimov, who himself was coming off of a career best win against Kashtanov, he not only beat him, he put on a boxing masterclass and dominated him from bell to bell and ended up with the best win of his career and picked up a strap in the process. After that, thinking he had an easy win against a so so journeyman, the quite large Steven Ward, who was coming off of some decent wins over Steve Collins Jr and Liam Conroy challenged Ricards. Well, that didn't end very well for poor Mr. Ward, who was utterly ****ing annihilated in the first round by the Latvian, who dropped him a total of 3 times. How reinvigorated is Ricards? Has it just been decent matchmaking? Is it just good luck? Or is he a changed fighter and going to be a real problem from here on out? Who knows, but it's going to be interesting to see just how long he can keep this roll going. His fights are usually fairly damn exciting, because unlike many fighters, he actually likes to fight. Check Out Ricards Of Riga in Action.:ggg:ggg:ggg:ggg

Educate Yourselves
    Bolotniks vs. Ward
    This content is protected

Bolotniks vs. Gasanov

Bolotniks vs. Nielsen

Bolotniks vs. Cordoba

Bolotniks vs. Porozovs

2. CST80

Nov 23, 2013

Surrix likes this.
  3. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Which Light Heavyweights do you all see him potentially being a problem for? Can he take out a Forling and Boesel type and plateau, or can he shoot even higher?

4. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Put some credit and love on this man's name. It's a damn pity that no one has bothered commenting on it.

Well he just won the Light Heavyweight Golden Contract Tournament. Absolute monster. And a true charismatic gent and scholar:applaudit:

5. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Here's the upset he pulled against Burton a few months back.

George Crowcroft and Surrix like this.
  6. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020

7. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    His fighting style reminds me of my best friend. My best friend just loves a tear up like him.

CST80 and George Crowcroft like this.
  8. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I love the guy... I've only watched him since the golden contract tournament but I backed him in all his bouts and he won me money in all of them... Look forward to seeing some of his earlier fights..

I'm not sure how far he can go but he's going about things the right way.. Fair play to the guy for sticking at it

Surrix, ShovelHook, CST80 and 2 others like this.
  9. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Well, he is underdog because looks that he didn't casual road in boxing.
    Looks that he does not have amateur boxing exp.
    Usually prospects are macthed up with bums and fights them as A corner guys until nice record is racked up.

Bolotņiks in his 2nd pro fight fought guy with 3-0 recod in Germany.
    4 th professional fight vs guy that had 8-0-1 record in U.K
    6 th professional fight vs guy that had 4-1-0 record in Canada.
    I think he better had casual resume for beginner: bums in row at hometown. then with good matchamking he easily might had been turned into 6-0-0 prospect not guy with 3-2-1 record after first 6 fights.

sasto likes this.
  10. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I love this guy. So underrated.

11. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    I was incredibly impressed by this guy in yesterday's fight. Very good fighter. Awesome balance.

Btw, I've been watchig the fights posted here, and gasanov's boxing does not match his crappy record either. Not at all. chin problems? that's the only thing I can think of.

12. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    with macthmaking he had in beginning of his career everyone had chin problems. He was too inexperienced for these opponents he fought in beginning of his career in fights aboard.

Interestingly westerners more value his win over Ward ( then 12-0-0) than over Ekimov.
    Ekimov before fight vs Bolotņiks was 18-0-0 ( 9 KOs ) and best his win was Kashtanov in fight for Russia LHW tittle.
    Kashtanov is not well known but he is skilled dude. I think best Kashtanov's win was in fight for internim WBA World Super Middle tittle vs Server Emurlaiev because Emurlaiev before fight vs Kashtanov was with 22-0-0 pro boxing record.

chacal, mgmark7 and CST80 like this.
  13. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Hard work and experience goes a long way. In boxing, there seems to be this idea that boxers don´t really improve over time.
    But just like with anything in life, if you keep practicing properly, you will get better at it.
    And fighting better opponents will give you an opportunity to learn.

Surrix and CST80 like this.
  14. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    modern fans looks that worship undefeated records.

Gasanov doesn't have nice looking record but win over him too is good for Bolotņiks resume.
    Gasanov despite crappy looking record numbers today is ranked #45 in boxrec. looks that he had some wins after lost fight vs Bolotņiks.
    For example he defeated 24 y.o Ziyatdinov ( 12-0-0 before fight vs Gasanov ) for Russia LHV tittle.
    Gasanov is interesting also because he in his 2 nd pro fight had in the ring guy with 6-1-1 pro record. Gasanov 1-0-0 vs guy with 6-1-1 pro record.Gasanov KOed this boxer, he does hit hard. Gasanov also had fought aboard, had defeated 28.y.o Peng Qu in China, 10 rounds fight.

chacal, mgmark7 and Badbot like this.
  15. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Gasanov seemed awesome to me. He caught my attention A LOT. This guy can box, no doubt at all. That's why I asked, I could not understand his record. Thank you for the explanation :thumbsup:

Surrix likes this.