Richard Torrez Jr.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ShovelHook, Aug 5, 2021.

1. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Yeah Jalolov is good enough at utilising his considerable length, I can see many issues for poor Richard in that fight. If he pulls it off it's a bit of a miracle unless he really shows he's reached a new level in the time since their last encounter.

2. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Good point. I stand corrected (though not about Torrez's likely inability to land that nice overhand left of his on Jalolov under normal circumstances).

3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol:

ShovelHook likes this.
  4. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Torrez really comes across as a nice lad. His style and appearance reminds of Joe Messi a lot to be honest, how much does Torrez weight actually? With his build he could be a cruiserweight in the pros.

I hope he manages to beat Jalolov, obviously the chances aren't high given Jalolov's style, but hey like the old cliche goes......

One punch can change it all at heavyweight. :chuck:

5. split_decision

split_decision Electronic information tampers with your soul Full Member

Apr 14, 2010
    The fact that RTJ comes down the ring to Mozart is enough for me to like him

6. WhataRock

WhataRock Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    He should be coming out to Run the Jewels.

7. kostya by ko

kostya by ko Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2005
    He's got history with Jalolov, Huni, Pero and Jared Anderson. Hopefully they will all meet up again as pro's and make up half the top 10 in years to come.

8. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    torrez looks alot better then he did in the the ko loss. He might keep from being stopped but hes gonna have a hard time getting inside. jololov not letting torrez inside like the last guy. Cant wait to see it.

9. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    hes gotta get inside and if he does not let jololov pull him behind the head.

Chuck Norris likes this.
  10. Trevor Diamante

Trevor Diamante New Member Full Member

Jun 13, 2021
    Don't wanna be that guy but he strikes me as more pretentious than an intellectual. I just hear basic intelligence but just more reflective than what I expect from a boxer.
    I don't like his chances. I thought Pero was beating the utter breaks off of him and did enough to maintain a winning lead over Torrez sloppy aggression. He was having the sweat knocked off, which for me is an easy way to see crisper effective punches. I do love that there's been aggressive southpaws in this tournament.