Richard Towers says Juicin-J hits MUCH softer than The Tuscaloosa Windmill

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by slender4, Apr 15, 2018.

1. slender4

slender4 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    [url]https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/940656/Anthony-Joshua-Deontay-Wilder-Joseph-Parker-Richard-Towers-boxing-news?utm_source=traffic.outbrain&utm_medium=traffic.outbrain&utm_term=traffic.outbrain&utm_content=traffic.outbrain&utm_campaign=traffic.outbrain[/url]

CST80 and SnatchBox like this.
  2. latineg

latineg user of dude wipes Full Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I dont doubt Wilder is the harder hitter, although it maybe closer than many may think. Wilder also looks a bit faster.

Regardless, imo AJ has enough power to KO wilder as vice versa and thats what makes it a great fight on paper.

Scissors and SnatchBox like this.
  3. SnatchBox

SnatchBox Boxing Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I agree with Towers but he got KO'd by Warthog Lucas Browne. Wilder & AJ both would smoke RT

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  4. MrTombourineMan

MrTombourineMan Торрейра хорошо. Full Member

Apr 16, 2016
    We know this already. The only mystery is if the difference in power is enough to counteract the monumental disparity in basic skill level. Personally I don't think it is.

Kudryashov hits harder than Dorticos. Dorticos knocked him TFO.

Scissors, Papillon, LongJohn and 9 others like this.
  5. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. As Towers says “Joshua is more an accumulation puncher.”

KiwiMan and SnatchBox like this.
  6. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    When they can both knock each other out I fail to see why it matters.

MrTombourineMan likes this.
  7. CathyBarry

CathyBarry Active Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Towers is friends with Wilder so he's gonna say that.

8. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Wilders straight right hand is considerably harder than anything joshua has.

I consider wilder an A+ puncher and joshua a A-/B+ puncher

But i see this fight as being julian jackson vs Gerald Mclellan

A monster puncher with no skill vs a heavy puncher with skill

Wilder will get banjo'd

9. OpinionOfACasual

OpinionOfACasual Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 3, 2017
    Mayweather fought 42 opponents with winning record, less than 5 had a lower KO percentage than Floyd.

You may put that down to him fighting lesser skilled opposition early doors......

But of his last 20 opponents only 1 had a lower KO percentage.

If the victor in this sport was simply decided by who can throw the hardest punch, Wilder/Joshua probably wouldn't even be Professionals.....And we could also replace one of the fighters with one of those arcade punch bag machines.

Scissors likes this.
  10. OpinionOfACasual

May 3, 2017
    Wilder's straight right hand is A+......His left isn't anywhere near that.

Joshua's power is more like Wlad's, in that he could KO you with a straight right, a left hook or an uppercut.

11. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Wilder has his right hand, but it comes from left field and can be seen coming. Joshua can box, has good defense, and hits hard with both hands, he will counter and Wilder will be out, but Haymon will probably not allow that fight to happen unless he controls everything. I guess they could fight in Alabama where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.................a huge crowd of 100 fans at ringside!

JoffJoff and Brighton bomber like this.
  12. OpinionOfACasual

May 3, 2017
    Wilder really needs to trim his team down.

Haymon+Finkle+Dibella is just stupid.....What have they even done for him anyway?

For all the s**t people throw at Hearn, he would've at least made Wilder a PPV star by now.

13. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I think you could very well be correct.................

14. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2017
    No, it isn't. Wladimir Klitschko has far greater single punch power and has far more concussive power. Wlad hits through his target and puts far more into every single power punch. Wlad also puts more opponents to sleep / state of unconsciousness or keeps them down for the 10 count. Whilst Joshua doesn't and needs to land more punches in succession to accumulate damage. Which results more in referee stoppages rather than 10 count knockouts or opponents going to sleep / becoming unconscious.

Anthony Joshua doesn't have a single punch which is quite as powerful as Wladimir Klitschko's left hook, or even his right hand (Wlad's left hook carries most concussive power).

Also, the vast majority of Joshua's stoppages come from his right hand. Either through the right uppercut or through the straight right hand. Very few are from the left hooks / left hand punches.

If you want to know a two handed knockout artist at heavyweight, that'd be Alexander Povetkin. He is a more appropriate example of a two handed knockout artist at heavyweight. He has knockout power in his overhand right and in his left hook. And has knocked out multiple opponents cleanly with either hand. More so than Anthony Joshua!

Hugo98 likes this.
  15. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    OMG when I read that there was a lamb on the TV bleeting, perfect timing lol.