Richard Towers says Juicin-J hits MUCH softer than The Tuscaloosa Windmill

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by slender4, Apr 15, 2018.

1. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    What happens when a -220 boxer has better speed and technique than the 250+ boxer? Answer = the -220 pound boxer hits harder.
    Why? Because skills / technique >> size.

2. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Yes, assuming the lighter boxer is significantly faster than the heavier boxer. Only then, could the lighter boxer have greater punch power. But no small heavyweight boxer is significantly faster than Anthony Joshua. Povetkin certainly isn't!

Having better offensive skills can allow a smaller heavyweight to have a better knockout record than a SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT who has greater punching power, but inferior offensive skills.

Mariusz Wach > Alexander Povetkin in terms of punch power.

Alexander Povetkin > Mariusz Wach in terms of offensive skills.

3. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    No it doesn't. I've already stated what I believe the effects were: explosiveness and stamina.

By using my eyes. Povetkin has looked noticeably sharper and more harder hitting at certain points in his career.

Could be. But Povetkin had chances to hit him, and did so. Hammer survived.

Hammer isn't especially hard to hit or iron chinned.

4. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    No. Wach has no power because he has no technique. He hasn't the skills to generate levvarage therefore there is no mustard on his shots.
    Usitnov is better and bigger than Wach and he couldn't hurt Charr while 200 pound Maris slept Charr in savage fashion.

Bredis >> Wach in terms of hitting power

5. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Totally true. I was watching Pov v Rachman the other day and thought when he had Rachman on the ropes and was unloading he looked so weak power wise.

6. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    So whys Wilder knocking bum's out then...You can have a terrible technique and still be a solid puncher

7. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    Wilder puts plenty of speed and snap on his shots. And i don't agree he has terrible technique. He can and has thrown with good form when he wants to.

8. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I see a lot of Towers in Donkey

9. kieranstapleton

kieranstapleton Original Member banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2013
    Who cares about power if you can't land. Fury will box both their heads off and make them look stupid. If he could outbox Klitschko imagine what he'll do to them two.

10. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    Exactly how many accounts have you created and stored on this forum you sicko? Tyson Fury would gladly take the head clean off your shoulders.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...ity-who-sought-the-notoriety-of-a-killer.html

11. kieranstapleton

kieranstapleton Original Member banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2013
    eh.Way off there. I'm from Stapleton, Cumbria. And I'm a fan of Fury and a traveller so there'd be no reason for him to do that , I guarantee there's way more chance of him attacking you. oddball.

12. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    You were BK Whopper yesterday and you'll be somebody else next week.

13. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017
    Mariusz Wach put Kevin McBride to sleep with a single punch. Mariusz Wach also put Christian Hammer to sleep with a single punch. If he had 'no power' as you claim, how would he be able to get such concussive / clean knockouts?

Wach is very slow. But if he lands his best punch, they land as devastatingly and as effectively as any of the most powerful punchers.

Briedis has better offensive skills than Wach. Not better power. If they both hit a target and their power was measured, I'd expect Wach's power to be higher. Same with Povetkin. Wach arguably hits harder than Povetkin. Fury also arguably hits harder than Povetkin. But Povetkin is a better knockout artist because he is more skilled offensively. Better accuracy, better timing and better set up of knockout punches.

14. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017
    'Using eyes' isn't proof or evidence. It's an opinion until you can factually demonstrate what you see with your eyes indisputably.

What actual proof do you have that Povetkin's stamina and explosiveness were any different in one part of his career, compared to other parts of his career?

Since you're making the claim, I'm asking you to verify / substantiate your claim.

Was Christian Hammer ever hit by a punch similar to the punch Povetkin landed on Carlos Takam or Johan Duhaupas to KO them?