Rick Glaser: Ward Kov 2 PPV buys 92k

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GK BOX, Jul 16, 2017.

1. khaosai galaxi

khaosai galaxi Superbad Full Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Not really, but it's good for the sport if the number is healthy.
    If top fighters can only get this much support fighting tough top guys, why even bother to take tough fight anymore.

2. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    The top fighters aren't selling a lot of ppvs. Floyd and Canelo are still the only guys who can sell ppvs.

3. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    When SOB said that neutral judges would be unfair then everyone knew the fix was in, and it was in............Kovalev won the first fight, everyone knew it, in the rematch Kovalev was winning, then SOB landed three illegal low blows to Kovalev's testicles, Tony Weeks jumped in, stopped the fight and called it a TKO! What a bunch of crap! The video showed Weeks was on the take................wonder if Weeks is driving a new car now? SOB is a crook, a cheat, nobody wants to see him cheat. HBO gets what they deserve, they supported SOB's cheating, including Roid Jones, Max and the rest instead of calling the low blows what they were. I am tired of the house fighter always winning by criminal means. Kovalev worked hard and earned his titles, SOB cheated to get them, there needs to be another FBI investigation into fight fixing in Vegas like a few years ago, plus Sen. McCain's investigation, trying to get a Federal Boxing Commission to over see such corruption..............I will buy Golovkin Vs. El Pollo, but if that fight is fixed, I will never watch another PPV again.............corruption is too tempting for Oscar, Roc Nation, Arum, Haymon and others as they know they will always get away with it. They believe boxing fans are stupid...............professional trained Judges mean nothing when they are bought off, same goes for referees and boxing commissions..

By the way, I will try to post a letter showing the corruption in Vegas, FBI investigation, bribing judges, etc., it's in the Judd Berstein letter...........hope to find it as it has been posted here before..........anyone like to read it?

4. TheyDontBoxNoMore7

TheyDontBoxNoMore7 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 2, 2016
    The money always cuts through bs. People knew Ward had Kov figured out so why bother wasting their money on something they don't want to see. Everybody was just echo clambering the same parrot vomit nonsense about how Kov out boxed Ward while never truly believing in Kov having a chance in the rematch. All these same idiots had nothing but pre-fight excuses. The loud noise from Kovalev and all the little fad groupies was just hot air at best.

Haters knew it wasn't worth buying period. We all saw Kov fold in the first fight and sure as **** he folded up literally like a lawn chair in the second. People have no balls today and just cry and whine. I only got one guy to ban bet me here on this site. Majority of losers here are a bunch of vaginas who just hate to hate.

DonnyMo likes this.
  5. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    I seriously don't know why HBO and Roc Nation allowed the rematch to happen. Everyone knew it would be a commercial flop.

6. Gannicus

Gannicus 2014 Poster of the Year Full Member

Mar 4, 2014
    I had Ward winning the first 114-113 and felt Ward will take over in the rematch - most people however believed Kovalev won, and would stand a great chance of winning in the rematch. It was a very plausible outcome. You're talking about these people as if they're a minority. They're the majority.

It wasn't worth buying because it wasn't fireworks (it's a Ward fight at the end of the day), a larger proportion were put off by a 'bogus' decision and they just don't pay for rematches as much. Mayweather-McGregor was announced, nobody even knew the rematch was on/didn't care about it enough.

7. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Who even is that Rick Glass guy? I keep seeing screenshots of his Facebook on my Twitter and half of what he claims he never gives proof for or anything

8. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    I can't agree, the indicator of how people are thinking is the betting market, not the # of ppv buys. And the betting markets moved slightly to Ward compared to the first fight, but it was still close. The probable outcomes of Canelo-Khan, Canelo-Smith, Canelo-Chavez Jr, Pacquiao - Vargas, Pacquiao - Bradley III, Golovkin - Jacobs were far more obvious yet they all out-sold Ward - Kovalev I and II.

The ppv buys were very poor (just over 130k ESPN, 92k Glaser) because there was little or no promotion, plus neither Ward nor Kovalev are huge draws.

Rock0052 likes this.
  9. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Who The **** is this Rick Glasser guy keeps trolling with ppv numbers?

10. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    It was probably the worst promotional job I've ever seen for a big fight.

Rock0052 likes this.
  11. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Duva is a **** poor promotor

HBO should have promoted it better

12. GK BOX

GK BOX Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Let's not forget Jay Zs failure. He didn't even show up to the fight

13. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    JayZ is just a background man. He is not the mover and pusher.

14. GK BOX

GK BOX Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 23, 2015
    But he owns rocnation and he's super famous. I'm sure he could have done a little bit to push Andre's name out there.

15. The Kentucky Cobra

The Kentucky Cobra Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 9, 2017
    I wouldn't call a 34 and 33 year old man a new generation, both these guys are on the decline. And the P4P aspect of this fight was window dressing from HBO to make Ward marketable, which failed. You have to look the part and in the first bout, Ward didn't look the part in a very tainted victory, and in truth neither did Kovalev. Only a very desperate minority of fans walked away from that first bout convinced Ward was really the best in the world, and Kovalev was the runner up.

Rock0052 and GK BOX like this.