Ricky Hatton doco 'Hatton' due out Aug 31st

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by like a boss, Aug 24, 2023.

1. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Im going to watch it this week. I remember him getting beaten up and dropped by Lara in camp a couple weeks before fight night.

Noel857 likes this.
  2. Sonny1

Mar 11, 2013
    Completely agree and we know he had the hump because of the Mancs booing their national anthem right beforehand.

Here's Johnny, Accurate and Beale like this.
  3. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    That was actually quite funny haha

4. Sonny1

Mar 11, 2013
    More like a complete lack of respect for the country they were in.

Noel857 likes this.
  5. Sonny1

Mar 11, 2013
    Watching it now, the Mayweather build up was amazing looking back on it. That’s when our sport was in a good place.

Here's Johnny, tee_birch and KingKO like this.
  6. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Still found it funny.

Furey and Here's Johnny like this.
  7. Joe.Boxer

Joe.Boxer Chinchecker Full Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Another doc?? How about another autobiography or another retirement anouncement?

8. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I agree he was not in the right place but he never is beating that version of Manny. He was born for 140 at that time, perfect blend of speed and power

Beale and Noel857 like this.
  9. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    Great respect to him for chasing the fights against all time greats at their peak even though he came up short.

The glory days of boxing when big fights were made without all this ducking and rematch shyte these days.

10. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Totally agree Ricky aimed for the moon and only reached the stars but credit him for trying.Now it is not about the glory, but the money and Ricky`s fellow Mancunian is the worst offender

Beale likes this.
  11. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I know I didn’t mean to suggest Hatton was one of these. I do think he had a hard time accepting the defeats as all proper winners do. Worst thing is there are big what ifs in the two fights he lost. What if it was a different ref in the Mayweather fight? I will say to the day I die he was biased for him. Many say Hatton was looked after by Vann at times but two wrongs don’t make a right. Hatton had no chance the way Cortez reffed it. Would have been a huge difference. Also, to a lesser extent I suppose because this one’s on him. In the Pacquiao fight, not listening and going out stupidly like a steam train thinking he could walk through him. Wouldn’t listen to Mayweather over a falling out if I remember rightly.

Beale likes this.
  12. Here's Johnny

Jan 18, 2015
    I’m no astrologist but the stars are a hell of a lot further away than the moon. Flip them around mate haha.

Dolgo likes this.
  13. Here's Johnny

Jan 18, 2015
    Rightly so he was a disgrace. Can’t say he was always like that because I’ve seen him in many fights and nothing anywhere near as blatant as that. I think he was biased and what proves it, in my opinion is, only 4 months later another Brit ‘white boy’ went over there to fight an American, an American who would prefer an upclose, holding, messy fight. The American was not told to break even a tenth as much as Hatton was. I remember it being glaringly obvious from early in the fight. I remember Hopkins taking the full 5 mins from a low blow in that too. Usyk the white boy only took 3 mins 45 haha, just saying.

Beale likes this.
  14. Dolgo

Dolgo New Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2023
    the moon is a lot closer than stars lol

Here's Johnny likes this.
  15. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Yeh but you know what i mean had a few drinks :)

ALN93, Here's Johnny and Beale like this.