Rico Verhoeven wins Glory GP

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by It's Ovah, Mar 14, 2024.

1. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Thoughts?

This content is protected

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  2. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Thought he looked pretty good all things considered. He never really got out of first gear until Rigters dropped him hard with that spinning backfist in the second rd of the final. I think he's one of the hardest workers in kickboxing, great athlete, good all around technician, but this proves more than anything else that he's remarkably tough mentally and physically and almost always finds a way to win no matter how bad a fight gets for him. When all is said and done he'll definitely be on the HW kickboxing Mt Rushmore for his consistency, dominance and longevity.

It's Ovah likes this.
  3. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I was also a very impressed with Rigters and Rajabzadeh. Two very well schooled kickboxers. I think either in a title fight with Rico would be excellent.

4. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    Rico's mentality and heart are definitely some of his most underrated qualities. He's technically very sound, but not to the point where he can't be caught and hurt, but it's when the chips are down that he really separates himself from the pack. I wish he packed a bit more power though. Always looks like he's just sparring guys.

5. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    Agreed. I also continue to be impressed by Nabil Khachab. He's got a physique to make Andy Ruiz blush but still gives fighters hell.

Rigters is probably my pick for number 2 HW in the world right now.