Riddick Bowe and George Foreman post Holyfield fight

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by MarkusFlorez99, Mar 22, 2021.

1. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
  2. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Bye for now! banned Full Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Almost poetic how sad this moment is, A great champion he would have been but was not to be.

Very classy interview.

3. Charles White

Charles White Chucker Full Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Massive Bowe fan here. Thank you so much for posting! Although I have seen this fight a hundred times and have seen the post fight Holyfield interview, somehow I have never seen that interview of Bowe with Lampley and Foreman! Loved it, really shows the loveable teddy bear side of Riddick. Thanks again for posting!

4. El Gallo Negro

El Gallo Negro Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 8, 2020
    Yeah I remember that one !

5. salty trunks

salty trunks Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Bowe was a hell of fighter when he was in shape. One thing people dont realize is he had heart and determination just like Evander. Even when he showed up in poor shape he fought his butt off and never laid down. It took that type of heart to beat Evander who you had to basically beat the heart out of him to defeat him. Bowe had that, Holyfield had that Ali had that. Not too often do fighters have both heart and discipline.

6. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Bowe was a meteor, burned brighter than almost everyone for a brief moment then fizzled out.

7. Eddie Ezzard

Eddie Ezzard Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Brilliant moment. I normally find George a bit tiresome with the constant cheeseburger references but I love the face he makes to camera after Riddick kissed him.

Riddick's Ali was great, too. He always comes across as a humble, loveable giant. The difference in charisma between him and George on the one hand and the boring, one-dimensional Lewis on the other is vast. Lennox was a great fighter but, my word, he lacked any X factor.

8. salty trunks

salty trunks Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Lewis was a great fighter but not as complete as Bowe in my opinion. Had he never learned to hold and lean on the inside I dont think he would have accomplished as much as he did. He had the heart, power and discipline of all the greats, but he never learned to fight inside. Steward taught him how to overcome that, but a prime Bowe or Tyson would have not allowed him to hold like he did in so many fights. He tried his best against Mercer and Vitali, but he was outfought in both. His will to win let him overcome in both fights.

9. thanosone

thanosone Love Your Brother Man Full Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Prime Bowe was the perfect HW. Beast.