Riddick Bowe vs Tyson Fury

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by sas6789, Aug 29, 2022.

Riddick Bowe vs Tyson Fury

1. Bowe By PTS

7.7%
  2. Bowe By KO/TKO

48.7%
  3. Draw

2.6%
  4. Fury By PTS

33.3%
  5. Fury By KO/TKO

7.7%
  1. sas6789

sas6789 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2011
  2. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Fury is masterfully tricky as a boxer. But being so tall, he's perfect for Bowe's overhand right.

The Bowe of Holyfield I would be somewhat frustrated in the first half of the fight, but come round 6 he's landing with the right. Fury isn't exactly an exceptional puncher so I doubt he'd be able to hurt him enough to stop him from moving in. Fury would be really screwed on the inside.

Ultimately, I see Fury getting hit with the faster equivalent of what pulverized Gonzalez. Fury would get up, but Bowe's a far better finisher than Wilder, so the ref stops it with Fury unable to defend himself, sagging againt the ropes.

It might go 8 rounds.

3. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Bowe KO 10.

Levook likes this.
  4. JackSilver

JackSilver Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2017
    I don’t care what anyone says, I’m still not convinced about Fury’s chin. Yeah he’s got good recuperate ability a bit like Holmes but Bowe unlike Wilder will finish him off if he puts him down

5. Tockah

Tockah Ingo's Bingo Full Member

Mar 12, 2022
    Bowe would be able to certainly find his positioning to finish Fury following a knockdown and probably land at will on such a large target. I can't stand the phrase "no one Fury's size moves like that" and Fury hardly does either, people on General Forum act like he's gliding around the ring like Muhammad Ali. He isn't.

Pugguy, Rollin, Levook and 1 other person like this.
  6. 70sFan865

70sFan865 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 30, 2019
    Bowe might be the most overrated HW in history compared to his actual resume. Only Vitali is close.

Contro and Dynamicpuncher like this.
  7. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Bowe by a knockout inside 5 rounds.

8. Levook

Levook Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    It cracks me up when people rave about Fury's hand & foot speed, which I've seen compared to MUHAMMAD ALI!! Just goes to show that these fanboys don't know what they're looking at.

Fury is quick for his size. That's about it. His hands & feet aren't nearly as fast as, say, Holyfield's - and Evander has never been noted for outstanding quickness.

9. Tockah

Tockah Ingo's Bingo Full Member

Mar 12, 2022
    Fury is a giant man with above average athleticism and they are trying to make him into some mythic otherworldly force that the heavyweight division hasn't seen. don't even get me started on hand speed, what is there even to compliment?

10. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I went against the majority and picked Fury by decision. If I’m wrong I’m wrong

11. CooperKupp

CooperKupp Jokic For MVP Full Member

Aug 28, 2022
    Fury by UD. It would be competitive but Fury would frustrate Bowe more and more as the fight went on with his movement, awkwardness and jab. And Fury definitely hits hard enough to keep Bowe honest. He’s not just going to bulldoze him like he did Gonzalez.

12. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    No, not bulldoze. But put it this way, prime Bowe hit significantly faster and just as hard against Holyfield in the first fight. And he was probably as fast handed as Wilder. Sooner or later, that overhand right is going to land (Fury isn't exactly a masterful defensive wizard, let's get real. Wilder got to him how many time?). All it takes is one flush shot and Fury's going down, and Bowe is at least twice the finisher Wilder is.

But hey, all respect to your opinion.

Stiches Yarn likes this.
  13. Boxing GOAT

Boxing GOAT Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2020
    Bowe was a dirty cheap shot artist. He wouldn’t have the mental discipline to last the distance with Fury. I like Fury by DQ or UD.

14. thistle

thistle Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Bowe,

Fury would know for the first time in his career what a 1st class Box/fighter would do to him, a Class & Tier he has never met.

Old Klit wasn't that.

This content is protected

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  15. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Very surprised I'm the only one who voted for Bowe by decision. Fury's durability is inhumane, and he survived some of the hardest shots I've ever seen land flush.