rime roberto duran vs prime julio cesar chavez....who wins?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by rochsolloch, Jul 23, 2007.

1. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Duran UD12 Chavez
    9-6 or 10-5

2. istmeno

istmeno Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 6, 2006
    no! duran had 70 fights before chavez had his first fight. besides the weight, duran is 11 years older than julio. this was not a realistic option by any stretch.

3. PATSYS

PATSYS Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Duran wins, JCC is a bit overrated IMO.

4. AREA 53

AREA 53 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Chavez used extremely educated Pressure, unhurried, he was like the tide coming in unstoppable, Duran on the other Hand was like a Flash Flood, so sudden torrents likely to wipe anything from his path,...

Of the two Chavez brings Contant excellance, but that constant excellance brings with it something else ! - a level predictability, which Duran would Exploit, Duran on the other Hand does not Offer Chavez that Same predictable Contant,...

Duran will stand off, and Flick Jabs, other Times he will Slip inside and Rake Chavez from body to Head, together with his Space Perception and Close range defensive skills, i think his Adrenilin Fuelled and instant alternation between Cold Heart Professionalism, and Hot Head Savegary would Ultimately disrupt the Constant Steadyness that Chavez Employs

If Chavez Backs off like he did against the Tough Rameriez he will find Duran is not a streight line plodder, If he Tries to Swamp him Like he Did Rosario Duran will not take solely Evasive Action...he will take Invasive Action too...

A very tough exciting fight, going the full route i am sure, But when Chavez looks deep into those Coal black Demonic Eyes of Duran, he will see a window to the Soul perhaps ...or a window to a dark dismal fistic purgatory to be unleashed...

Duran for me on points

5. rochsolloch

rochsolloch stephen chinnock Full Member

Oct 7, 2006

totally agree with you area ,just look at the 1st chavez taylor fight
    i mean taylor was putting the hurt on chavez for 11 rounds 2 minutes and 59 seconds then gets kod in the last seconds of the fight and stopped by richard steele,in my opinion it showed unbelievable resolve and courage
    to come through all those taylor combinations to ko taylor ,plus if you look at the fight chavez doesnt have a mark on him after the fight thats totally off the hook man!!!!!!!
    chavez was the toughest s.o.b in boxing period!:good

6. rochsolloch

rochsolloch stephen chinnock Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    anyway im not arguing with you over if and why this fight didnt materialise i started the original post asking who would have won if they fought in their primes,so cool down with the sarcastic lol,s mate,im not a little muppet who knows **** all about boxing.i know my stuff i did it for 6 years as a pro.

7. warchild

warchild Member Full Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Here's the thing....

If both fighters were aware of who the other one was....

Duran would know that no one can go toe to toe with Chavez, so he wouldn't.

If Duran goes toe to toe, Chavez wins.

If Duran boxes, Duran wins.

Result....

Duran boxes, Duran wins a decision.

8. bill poster

bill poster Guest

Not sure of Duran would box- pride

9. JMotrain

JMotrain Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 30, 2005
    Duran would stop Chavez.

10. Jinx

Jinx Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 18, 2004
    prime for prime Chavez stops Duran late in possibly the greatest fight ever...i've never seen Chavez on his butt in his prime, but Dejesus dropped Duran so i'd say Chavez had the better chin at their prime weights...and chin makes a huge difference because Chavez would've made Duran fight, as Duran was never a slickster even tho he had great skills...a toe-2-toe, back-and-forth brawl would've been the meal, and Chavez would've ate the most...

11. Toopretty

Toopretty Custom made Full Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Now we are talking real deal fantasy fights...Duran was the better fighter. But I think Chavez body punching and power was a little bit better..Duran would outwork chavez in the FIGHT OF ALL FIGHTS IN HUMAN TIME..that is a dream one..

12. psychopath

psychopath D' "X" Factor Full Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Damn I can't imagine what kind of slugfest this fight could have been. Both are in my all time favorite list but I'm picking Duran to sneak out a close decission . . . maybe a split decission.

13. Toopretty

Jul 3, 2007
    Chavez had power..His uppercuts were no joke. He had a lot of one punch knockouts.?????

14. Shake

Shake Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2007
    I disagree principally with everyone that says UD. These guys didn't clinch when they got up-close, they got busy. Chavez is one of my favorite fighters, and so is Duran, but I have to go with Roberto here for his combinations, ring guile, superior speed and work-rate. I also think Chavez has a smaller frame than Duran, which is unusual. I think everyone would be surprised at how dominant a performance this would be.

Chavez's advantages are chin and accuracy. I don't think it's enough.

Duran TKO 10.

15. Toopretty

Jul 3, 2007
    **** Chavez even had the better KO % I mean alot was cab drivers..lol