Ring tactics and circling

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by zetsui, Jun 6, 2016.

1. zetsui

zetsui Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2012

Nice. I like small drills like this. I wish there was video series with just drills like this. Kenny Weldon is the only series based on something like this.

2. BoxinScienceUSA

BoxinScienceUSA Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    thanks! that's not a bad boat to be in. Weldon's vhs videos were a huge positive influence on me in the early nineties as a young coach. patterns are a good way to learn, whether it be scales in music, times tables in math, etc.

Giacomino likes this.
  3. BigBoss1984

BigBoss1984 New Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Sorry to cut in on this thread - just saying, I received your PM - however I can't reply as you have to have 75 posts - not being rude :)

4. SteelShoulders

SteelShoulders Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Which direction to you feel more comfortable going? Keep that hip pointed at your towards your opponents power shoulder, and slide/pivot/step/however you move that way. It's obviously good to know both.

5. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Don't cross your feet while circling. Stay on the ***** of your feet, not your heel.

6. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    People need to get away from this basic, boring and predictable boxing. You weight distribution needs to be 50-50 so that you can move in any direction at any time.