(RIP Danny?) Errol Spence Lookin' Swoll N' Dynamite In Camp...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JOKER, Nov 19, 2020.

1. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    This content is protected

2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    He couldn't KO Porter, he won't be able to KO Danny either. Let's see just how well Spence's toothless glass jawed ass can take one of those Garcia left hooks.:deal:

rodney, Quina74, roughdiamond and 2 others like this.
  3. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Agree with Merc Mephistus Malcontentus over here; I'm not so sure Earl is what he used to be and there's no guarantee prime Spence could get it done anyway. I think friend Earl might be packin' glass and Danny might be the beneficiary.

CST80 likes this.
  4. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Is he on that tainted beef doe?

5. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    i like how james gives him foot movement on the mits. creates a better simulation for the exercise.

roughdiamond likes this.
  6. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Nobody has KO' d Porter. But I am interested to see what happens if DG lands his left hook clean.
    Is Spence glass jawed? He's never been stopped. Buzzed a couple of times, but remains undefeated. You once were beautiful in your assessments, nowadays you're off, way off.

iii and HolDat like this.
  7. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    People hate on Danny but it's a bold choice for a comeback after having your whole face put back together.

I'm a Spence fan and I will be wholly devastated if what we got so far was the extent of his prime.

Ubers are cheap everyone, no excuse anymore.

8. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Let’s see what that punch resistance is like post accident.. He looks to be in excellent shape but we won’t know if he’s truly recovered until Danny catch him with a hook..

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    C.J., Pimp C and CST80 like this.
  9. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Hey, after a few months off due to Covid lockdowns, I was a little rusty. Because I'd lost interest. But even then, so far this year I've predicted correctly and called upsets in Smith Jr. beating both Hart and Eleider Alvarez. Roamer Angulo beating Sims, JoJo Diaz beating Farmer, Karen Chukhadzhian beating Vorobiev, Leonardo Baez beating Chucky Flores, Faraci beating Cukur, Arboleda beating Jayson Velez, Diego Magdaleno beating Dulay, Molina beating Imam, Carroll beating Quigg, Mike Plania beating Greer, Vega beating Juarez, Povetkin stopping Whyte, Samir Ziani stopping Dilmangani, Baluta upsetting Joyce, Matias stopping Hawkins, Kambosos beating Selby, Isaac Cruz beating Magdaleno, Bentley stopping Heffron and Bolotniks beating Burton.

Sadly I also got Bentley beating Heffron the first time, Baraou beating Culcay, Alameda beating Nery and Postol beating Ramirez right, but didn't get credit for it.:lol:

Here's the catch, if I just spout off some nonsense, I usually don't believe what I'm saying, also discount what I say when it comes to Bud, I can't stand him and always root against him. But if I give a detailed reason, I usually do believe what I'm saying, so here.....

Spence has proved countless times that he can be timed and repeatedly. Danny has pretty damn good timing and he's accurate as hell. If he fights Spence like he fought Thurman for the last 6 rounds of their fight or like how he fought Granados, he walks him down, catches him and puts him down for the count. I've always thought Spence's chin is very suspect, after the Lartey incident, that did not change after the Porter match. If Danny catches him with some of the hooks Porter did, he'll be Fast Asleep Earl instead of just Sleepy Eyed

So my official prediction is.... Danny Garcia walks him down, beats the **** out of him and stops in 9. I really liked Danny's chances before the crash, I'm thrilled about his chances now. We have no idea how much that crash took out of him, how much weight he's put on since, how much it will hurt him draining down to 147 again. It's clear Spence doesn't hit that hard, I rate Danny's chin as good if not better than Porter's, his timing is better, he's better on the back foot, basically the same size as Spence, and might hit harder than Porter and Mikey. This could end up being target practice for Danny.

Now will I be right? Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on how much Spence has recovered. Because make no mistake.... even against a healthy version of Spence, Garcia is no cakewalk.

Jackman65 likes this.
  10. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    I love Danny Swift Garcia ever since I started studying when I had a fighter who was to go against him and another kid I know when up against him when they were. It’s on their way up. I would pick Garcia against absolutely anybody apart from Spence. It’s not be proven to me that either guy can be knocked out nor do I believe either guy can be knocked out at 147. DSG is in the weird position of both being underrated and overrated. He is a guy who does everything well with a excellent timing as tough as nails and power in both hands especially that beautiful left hook from Philly the city of brotherly love. DSG’s weaknesses are he can be a slow starter which you can accuse EJ of as well but once he is warmed up it’s war. I personally felt and still feel he beat Thurman and Porter and if I have a slight criticism it’s that though I love Angel Garcia a great character I do feel he has taken Danny as far as he can which is great. In these type of fights that little extra your corner can give you makes all the difference. You saw that with Shawn Porter against DSG and the Spence though I personally dislike Pops Kenny Porter. I think this fight has going the distance all over it as both guys cause real damage but have great chins and are tough as nails. To me in the truth EJ I see the mix of the fundamental skill sets of Don Curry, the body punching ability of Mike McCallum and the mindset mentality of Marvelous Marvin Hagler. This fight could mirror Hagler vs Duran. I love both guys but I see EJ on close points decision and before anyone asks I think both guys beat Terence Bud Crawford.

Pimp C likes this.
  11. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    No matter how hard you hit, Danny's chin seems to rise to match it. Weirdly, it also seems to lower to match a featherfist's power too.

Algeri has a better chance of KOing him than Spence does :deal:

kirk, Stiff Jab and lepinthehood like this.
  12. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Pre accident I didn't think Spence could KO Danny, post accident and having yet to see him in a fight since the accident, that is inconceivable. I definitely think he beats Danny though. The fact that Danny is a "punch when you punch guy" is gonna be a wrinkle for Spence though

kirk likes this.
  13. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    :lol:

Danny looked ready to go against Mo Reese. Had that been a 15 rounder, Danny would have been knocked out in Puerto Rico.

:deal:

George Crowcroft likes this.
  14. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    The X factor is how damaged Spence is. Think about that picture of him in the hospital. If a fight had caused him to end up there in that condition, we'd all be talking about how he'd never been the same, life-altering beating, etc.

HolDat likes this.
  15. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Could be especially after that horrible car wreck he was in. His punch resistance could be gone. This is a very dangerous fight for Spence to take for his first fight after the accident.

C.J., Braindamage, kirk and 1 other person like this.