Ritson v Hyland.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lencoreastside, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
  2. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Make Ritson vs Crolla

Scissors likes this.
  3. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    That day ain't coming at British level that's for sure

moog likes this.
  4. CathyBarry

CathyBarry Active Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Ritsons pretty good but Hyland looked feather fisted and Cardle is average too.

5. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Ritson will have a whole city behind him soon. His perfect for Newcastle.

Twentyman, CutThroatFade and moog like this.
  6. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
  7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
  8. Draperys

Draperys Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2017
    I see him defiantly getting past Euro level

CutThroatFade likes this.
  9. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    He has murderous power.

Scissors likes this.
  10. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    It’s not just his power that’s legit @lencoreastside , he’s a real exciting talent. His shot selection is really good. He doesn’t waste his shots, he’s economical with them and they’re all punishing. He does all the basics really well.

He really needs to move on from domestic level now. He’s a few levels above that. It’s great that he secured the belt but he’s only going to pick up bad habits if he continues on this level. He’s so much more elusive than what he was against Cardle, he just didn’t respect his power and he didn’t respect Hyland’s last night. However, it means you stop being as defensively sharp.

I’m excited about how they’re going to move him forward.

moog and Scissors like this.
  11. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Once again you were right! Ritson has crushed all recent opposition. Of course cardle and Hyland made it easy for him by fighting with suicidal disregard for his power. There are still many unanswered questions. How will he manage if a fight goes long? Can he take punishment to the body? Can he move his head? Etc etc I won't be totally convinced until I see answers to those type of questions. But right now he looks awesome, yes indeed.

moog and Twentyman like this.
  12. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I think Murray, Hyland and Cardle all knew very early on in their respective fights that they weren’t up to going 12 rounds with him, and just went for it. Nobody can question your desire or heart for throwing caution to the wind and getting into gun fight with a superior boxer, knowing that you’ll come off worse. It’s a painful but quick way of getting the defeat over and done with. I honestly believe that.

You’re right though, there are a few unanswered questions that we’ll only see answered when he steps up. There are plenty of positive signs though. At this point i’d back him to steam right through Crolla & Burns, and I think he’d give Campbell nightmares. I’m gonna stick my neck out and say that I think he’s the UK’s best lightweight albeit unproven.

lencoreastside likes this.
  13. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I’d like him in with Crolla before that claim. As someone pointed out, Crolla has been in dog fights and he’s tough, you won’t be blasting him out in a round. So be good for Lewis to get good rounds in against someone of that ilk and also a former world champion.

lencoreastside and Twentyman like this.
  14. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I’d like to see that too mate. Not sure it would be good for Crolla though. I like him, all heart, very durable and very difficult to break down, but I think he’s had too many wars now.

Ritson is so strong, he works well on the outside with the jab to the head and body, however, if you get inside on him he seems equally as comfortable with that, pushing you back and driving in those body shots. Crolla steps in and out with single jabs but he goes in straight lines. The way Ritson cuts the ring off i think he’d really bully him.

15. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    This content is protected

I think Barry sums it up pretty well.