Ritson vs Hughes is OFF

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Smudge_, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Hughes pulls out with an injury. Source is from Ozzy Smith on Twitter. He's on the Nuthouse boxing podcast and has been proven correct with news before.

Pity, was looking forward to that fight.

2. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Yeah, that's disappointing.

3. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    A shame for Ritson. His career has stalled somewhat since losing to Patera and getting a gift last time out.

Carlos788 and Oneirokritis like this.
  4. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree. He had built up some great momentum but that loss to Patera really was a massive bump in the road for Ritson. It was nearly a year ago now and his career seems to be stuck in the same position.

5. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Can he face anyone else at short notice to stay busy?

Mike Cole had to take a day out of work at a days notice to surrender his 0 and add another win and KO to the record of Conor Benn a couple of years ago, surely they can find someone.

6. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Shame was looking forward to that. Another Hearn card starting to fall apart?

7. Smudge_

Jan 23, 2018
    Robbie Davies is still down as fighting TBA on that card. Seems like a waste having them both on the same card in pointless fights but no chance they'd make that for this NxtGen card. I think that will headline a show of its own later in the year. If that was already the plan then I could've seen Joe Hughes throwing a spanner in they works. He's the type of fighter you overlook at your peril.

8. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Gutted. I love watching Joe Hughes fight, his left hand is like a Swiss Army knife with the variety of shots he can throw with it. Hope they can rearrange this fight because stylistically it would be a proper scrap.

Holler, Accurate, Carlos788 and 3 others like this.
  9. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Agree pal. His punch variety and accuracy from that left hand must be up there with the best in world boxing, if not the best. How many of the p4p top 10 would be as good as European level if they could only ever fight with one arm ?

10. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Might’ve done Ritson a favour. I’m not sure he would’ve came through it.

Carlos788 likes this.
  11. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    There is something good to come out of this, I do like both these fighters and it'd of been one of those fights where I didn't want anyone to lose.

Holler likes this.
  12. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Who’s actually confirmed on this card now? Rose vs Fowler and Bakole is on too isn’t he? Shame this is off as like someone else said Ritson’s career seems to of stalled since he lost that European title shot.

13. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    They have to make it happen surely, both have no opponent it would be stupid not to.

Carlos788 likes this.