Robert Smith - Kiko vs Zelfa Scoring

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Feb 18, 2021.

1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

Well **** me.

We should all give up.

velagod, Rayaitch, pow and 1 other person like this.
  2. impacted

impacted Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 6, 2011
    The man is absolutely shocking and should be investigated. He was asked on the same show what he could do to improve boxing's image in the light of football taking steps to lessen the impact of head trauma and said something like ''I don't listen to social media trolls.'' Smith is the worst type of 'I'm alright Jack' opportunist that attach to boxing like leeches to a wound. He's the Gordon Taylor of Boxing, reaping all the benefits he can get his hands on with absolutely no accountability.

3. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    But we are supposedly the drunk idiots watching from our sofas?

Smudge_ likes this.
  4. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    British Boxing will always be rotten to the core when you have the current people in charge of the sport.

Spud Peri O'Donor has produced incredible cards over a long career and nothing done. The Martinez card the latest in a long line of shockers in British rings over the years and will continue with the same clowns in charge of the circus.

Would not wish this on Warrington but imagine he was hit by a Hayemaker in the 5th and ended up like Michael Watson or Mike Towell? Could easily have happened on Sat and the BBBOC response would have backed the ref as normal.

Foster was a bigger disgrace than the judges in the Barrett fight along with Warrington's corner - total disgrace the lot of them.

There is no end to the BBBOC arrogance.

Rayaitch, kojak, DON1 and 8 others like this.
  5. chrisfinch

chrisfinch Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Just nonsense.

Boxing as a whole, but British boxing specifically is all just one massive happy corrupt con where everyone looks the other way because nobody benefits from challenging the hegemony.

Somebody in another thread mentioned the lack of new officials and it’s a really good point. Every decent level fight in this country over the last 10 or 15 years (excluding those big world title fights with neutral officials) have been refereed and judged by the same 8 or 9 guys, and the same thing happens again and again, and outside of a few on forums and social media, nobody bats an eyelid.

Smith really is the most odious man in British boxing. At least Warren and Hearn’s jobs are to be bullshitters and salesmen, but Smith and the board are meant to be there to police this **** and be an independent arbiter. Horrendous old boys club.

6. Terminator

Terminator Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Hang the ******* for all i care

7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Wow, so he scored it 8-4? Well his two colleagues scored it around the 10-2 mark so even his appalling judgement doesn't account for their scoring. Clowns. Corrupt clowns. Who's pulling the strings behind all this, Sepp Blatter?

pow, kojak, lencoreastside and 2 others like this.
  8. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    The board is rotten to the core - if this is what this cnut is saying in public, you can only imagine what he’s like in private.

None of this scoring mess is going to change unless they get hit in the pocket from the promoters.

TBC-ASAP likes this.
  9. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Basically made you realise they don't care and have no thoughts of changing it. Be like the home gymnast falling on their ass on landing and still getting 9.5

lencoreastside and Twentyman like this.
  10. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Isle of Man to become the mecca of British Boxing!

All the betting companies are based there to be fair.

moog, lencoreastside and Twentyman like this.
  11. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    ive said it for years...UK scorecards are now the worst in the World ....it is every single week

Id like to see the Lara v Warrington cards....there is no way Lara was winning that on points

Rayaitch and lencoreastside like this.
  12. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Firstly I have to say the BBBoC is fantastic in terms of it's medical care... British boxing is probably the best in the world in that sense.

However when it comes to scenarios like this (which are happening far too often on British soil), Robert Smith is so ignorant and out of touch it is border line farcical.

I remember straight after the Froch Groves 1 dismal ending when Howard Foster ruined everyone's night..... Robert Smith done an interview straight after defending the stoppage and his pal Foster saying it was absolutely fine without even watching it back.

13. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Hugely disappointing. I remember Robert Smith as a talented and brave Fighter and his Dad, Andy, as the fiercely independent manager of Joe Bugner and Dave "Boy" Green. I was hugely optimistic when Robert took over as General Secretary of the Board but he has become an apologist for the unacceptable.

Twentyman, Rayaitch, kojak and 2 others like this.
  14. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Unfortunately did anyone expect anything else to come from him?

15. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    If Robert Smith had an ounce of decency he would resign.